• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

This is most likely a dumb question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr.bubbles
  • Start date Start date Mar 4, 2008
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

mr.bubbles

New Member
Oct 5, 2006
0
0
0
Good 'ole Canada eh!
Mar 4, 2008
#1
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #1
Ok, I'm 14 and a lot of this is new to me. So, my car is going in for paint and body work next week. My question is, when people talk about rolling the inner fender lip, is that the little edge when you grab up under the fender that sticks out maybe 1/4" - 1/2". I want to make sure I'm telling my body guy the right thing. I just want to do whatever I can to prevent my tires from rubbing. Also, does anyone know what a cobra grille with out the horizontal section would look?
 
I

iwashmycar

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 7, 2004
1,236
1
39
Columbus, Ohio
Mar 4, 2008
#2
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #2
yes thats rolling the lip..

the cobra grille has no center bar...the LX does..

cobra grille...

View attachment 327955
 

mr.bubbles

New Member
Oct 5, 2006
0
0
0
Good 'ole Canada eh!
Mar 4, 2008
#3
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #3
Ok, thanks. I'll get the fenders rolled then just in case.
 
I

iwashmycar

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 7, 2004
1,236
1
39
Columbus, Ohio
Mar 4, 2008
#4
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #4
probably not worth it...how do you get an LX grill? Never seen one for sale...

it would probably be cheaper to buy a cobra vs. paying the guy to do all the extra work... and if you did it, unless your good with the stuff, it may look bad painted in the end

i assume you have a GT..
 

mr.bubbles

New Member
Oct 5, 2006
0
0
0
Good 'ole Canada eh!
Mar 4, 2008
#5
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #5
Yeah ok thanks, I can't really get a clear picture of the grille in my head but I remember it as an lx style grille with the horizontal piece but the center mount for the badge isnt round for the ford symbol. But of course I could just be dreaming things up and have no idea what I'm talking about.
 
G

GTOreturns

Well-Known Member
Oct 1, 2003
51
17
59
West Coast Best Coast
Mar 4, 2008
#6
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #6
Your 14 and have a car? and asking about how to roll fender lips?
Your ok in my book kid!
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Mar 4, 2008
#7
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #7
^But you guys give hell to Ryan. Go figure!

And if that Mustang above had just a cowl hood, it would be one sexy beast!
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Mar 4, 2008
#8
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #8
I am witholding judgement until I see countless posts about what color to paint my car and why wont my dad let me have a 5spd.
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Mar 4, 2008
#9
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #9
It's a talk section and he's 16, cut him some slack. Be happy he likes Mustangs, and isn't some Civic driving ricer!
 
I

iwashmycar

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 7, 2004
1,236
1
39
Columbus, Ohio
Mar 4, 2008
#10
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #10
mr.bubbles said:
Yeah ok thanks, I can't really get a clear picture of the grille in my head but I remember it as an lx style grille with the horizontal piece but the center mount for the badge isnt round for the ford symbol. But of course I could just be dreaming things up and have no idea what I'm talking about.
Click to expand...

that does sound odd....like an LX with a pony instead of the oval...might actually look nice
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Mar 4, 2008
#11
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #11
I have seen a running pony on an oval emblem before, but I have never seen anyone graft a cobra or sn95 pony onto the lx grill. might look interesting
 

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
9,395
3,542
233
Mar 4, 2008
#12
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #12
I bet what your thinking of is a SN95 nose
I see youve been a member since 12, pretty cool

Now if your parents tell you that you cant do something to the car dont post it on here cause youll get crap, like Ryan
 

mr.bubbles

New Member
Oct 5, 2006
0
0
0
Good 'ole Canada eh!
Mar 4, 2008
#13
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #13
stykthyn said:
I am witholding judgement until I see countless posts about what color to paint my car and why wont my dad let me have a 5spd.
Click to expand...


It's allready a 5 speed, and I'm painting it '93 cobra R red.
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Mar 4, 2008
#14
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #14
mr.bubbles said:
It's allready a 5 speed, and I'm painting it '93 cobra R red.
Click to expand...

it was a poke at ryan. in the two years he has been a member that is pretty much what every single one of his threads have consisted of.
 

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
0
1
0
atl ga
Mar 4, 2008
#15
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #15
ehh... i joined at 14 but I just browsed mostly. Never thought I'd be doing a COMPLETE rebuild at 18, but it happens.

Good luck with the car!!
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Mar 4, 2008
#16
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #16
stykthyn said:
it was a poke at ryan. in the two years he has been a member that is pretty much what every single one of his threads have consisted of.
Click to expand...

zip it bud, you and your little group of ****ers are really starting to bug the **** out of me with all these jabs.
 

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
0
1
0
atl ga
Mar 4, 2008
#17
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #17
grrrr....
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Mar 4, 2008
#18
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #18
GTOReturns said:
Your 14 and have a car? and asking about how to roll fender lips?
Your ok in my book kid!
Click to expand...
+1

ryan218 said:
zip it bud, you and your little group of ****ers are really starting to bug the **** out of me with all these jabs.
Click to expand...

Suck it up.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Mar 4, 2008
#19
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #19
grey5.0beast said:
grrrr....
Click to expand...

argh....
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Mar 4, 2008
#20
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #20
Guys & gals, leave Ryan alone. It's gotten quite old.

Ryan, check your PM's.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
372
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
339
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
A definitive answer to the question of how much height Energy Suspension isolators add
  • 2000xp8
  • May 20, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
305
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 20, 2025
2000xp8
G
Intro and FB questions
  • gflat65
  • Nov 16, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
250
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 25, 2025
horse sence
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?