those who removed silencer and then got CAI...

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
how much louder is the induction sound on CAI compear to removed silencer removed? I want to get those loud induction noise, and when I changed short ram on my 99 cougar, induction noise was so much louder, then my dual flowmaster exahust. anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the silencer removed and then got a cold air. The nose was a little bit louder. Not nearly as loud as the intake I had on my Probe. But it was pretty loud. It made a noticeable increase in power. It was worth the money if you ask me :)

KaPPaBaLL said:
are you trying to be like those hondas where they have those air intake sounds?? it won't be much louder hardly. If you have exhaust it will cover it up..

can't help it. I love way induction sound. I once heard Toyota AE86 which guy put 20Valve 4A-GE with 4 individual Mikunis with velocity stacks, screaming(and I mean SCREAMING) at 8000RPM ...... my brain melted :drool:

mity2 said:
can't help it. I love way induction sound. I once heard Toyota AE86 which guy put 20Valve 4A-GE with 4 individual Mikunis with velocity stacks, screaming(and I mean SCREAMING) at 8000RPM ...... my brain melted :drool:

heh, i see.. you should've gotten a civic hatchback and modded that mang. Mustangs are for MUSCLE CAR SOUND! VROOOOOOOOOOOM! AMERICAN MUSCLE!! :hail2: