Those with full Eibach Pro Kit suspension installs, how does it ride?

• Sponsors (?)

I am very pleased with mine, huge difference in cornering and not too harsh when on rough roads.

Not sure if the Eibach swaybars, which I installed later, was much of an improvement though, but at least the front sway bar adds some lightness..

idk.. I gotta dissagree with you there. It hardly feels like an improvement. The steering feels heavy. Car feels like I'm driving a Suburban. Cornering is slow. Steering response is very slow. It feels like a lot of understeer. I have to turn the wheel a lot to make corners, and I have to turn them slow otherwise the front end skids out. I feel every little crack and rock in the road. Driving on some roads feels like i'm on a light gravel road. Vibrations go into the steering wheel in corners like something is grinding... Bump bump bu.. bu bump bump. At 60 MPH, the car feels like it's floating...Not pulling left or right. Lane changing is scary. It feels like its going to plow off the road because I have to correct the steering once I get over, and then correct again.. its like the weight of the car wants to pull it off in that direction ... and it takes too much correction in the other direction to keep it stable.

I know I'm using a stock rear swaybar, but that could not possibly be the reason why it feels like a 30 ton tank. The tires I have on the front are the same exact tires and size that I have on the front of my V6. Kumho Ecsta ASX. Crappy.. I know .. but again, my V6 has stock suspension. and handles way better.

I'm not impressed. Felt like a waste of money imo..

you cant compare your fox to your 96...

it's like apples to oranges...

my wife's 97 made my old 91 feel like a school bus... they are just better handling cars from the factory... imo

if you want your fox to handle and feel like a sn95, get an sn95.

also... maybe check/replace all the old suspension bushings, and get a good alignment done.

Did you get an alignment after the install?

Nope, not yet. haven't even done one on my 96 since 2004. I'll get the alignment taken care of as soon as I can get the engine running better. Right now, it barely feels like it made much of a difference. I know you say you can't compare apples to oranges, but... you gotta think.. the 96 is STOCK. And the 92 has almost a grand in the suspension. There SHOULD be some kind of notable difference with such an upgrade. I put both of my cars on one of those parts yard scales that weigh scrap metal. My 92 is only about 200 lbs heavier. 200 lbs shouldn't make THAT much of a difference. My 96 also has a LOT more wear and tear on it. Steering shaft is loose, ball joints are bad, front springs are worn.

on the 92, All new suspension (upgraded as noted in the first post). All new brakes front and rear, new wheel bearings, new steering rack, new tie rod ends, new bushings all over (sway bar has urethane bushings) etc etc etc.

I like mine, the ride is a little rougher, but it corners 10x better. I used SN95 front spindles for my 5 lug swap and that greatly improved that "floating" feel and the lane change drift. Stock sway bar. I think the rougher ride came more from the smaller tires on 17's vs more rubber on the stock 15's it had before.

Did you get an alignment after the install?

What he said.

Get an alignment ASAP. Installing lowering spring will change the front end geometry (camber & toe). It's probably toe'ed in too much, which will cause the front end to push/be sluggish.

I had those spring with stock dampers for about 1 year. While it did ride rough, I had nothing to complain about as far as front-to-rear balance and cornering grip.

Also...

Is your front sway bar aftermarket? Adjustable? Stiffer than stock?

The end of the car with the highest roll stiffness usually looses traction first. If your front bar is stiffer than stock + springs that are stiffer than stock, this will also contribute to under steer.

This is why Maximum Motorsports recommends going to a softer front bar after adding coil overs...

Does the length of the sway bar end links have any factor in this? What about using stock strut tower mounts? I'm still using stock links, and stock strut tower mounts. I couldn't fit shorter end links and I had to modify the sway bar mounts ( used sn95 mounts) to make the end links reach the bar.

So...stock front bar and stock end links. Should be no problem. My setup was that way.

I would recommend CC plates for a few reasons:

1) Increased caster: Increases camber gain as wheels are turned away from center. Also increases high speed stability as the wheels are forced to center much more than with the stock caster setting.
2) Eliminates the stock rubber strut mounts with spherical bearings. Reduces deflection (i.e. geometry changes) under load.
3) More bump travel. Especially important on lowered cars. Allows the strut more stroke until hitting the bump stop.

I still think the majority of your complaints result from not having your car aligned after the spring install.

If you are considering CC plates, get them now before you have your alignment done. Otherwise, you would also need an alignment after installation.

The front sway bar is not stock, it's an Eibach. Check my sig. I used stock links and SN95 sway bar mounts (SN95 mounts are a little longer, so the bar ends are closer to the links).

So, you tryin to tell me, it drives like a tank because its a vert? I'm not complaining.. I'm just disappointed. I thought I would have gotten better results with that kind of cash spent. Idk.. I just expected a little more out of it.

When I push on the suspension, its nice and tight. Not extremely stiff. The front is a lot stiffer than the rear though. I dont mind the bumps.. really.. I expected that. Its mainly the floating at highway speeds.. lack of stability (yes, it feels unstable and I dont feel secure keeping just one hand on the wheel), and the sloppy cornering. Thats my main concern. Would a strut tower brace help? I didnt seem to notice much of a difference in my 96 with it... but then again, according to some of you SN95's handle way better stock than a built up suspension on a Fox.

if you want cheap handling cars try a miata... they are cheap and extremely well handling for the price.

it takes more than springs/dampers/swaybars to be a truly "built" suspension... you need less weight in the front, a stiffer chassis, and something better than stock control arms (phb/5-link/irs/etc..)... call up MM and tell them what you want to do with the car... just be prepared to empty your wallet.

the vert is probably the worst platforms to start with to make it handle.

If it feels floating at highway speeds then you def need an alignment.
Mine feels very steady even at 100+ mph, even though the rag joint in the steering is probably starting to get a bit tired.

Get some caster camber plates, and get it set up with pretty much as much caster as possible.

this is some pretty good information i have a ford motorsport swaybar and maximum motorsport strut tower brace and cc plates.i am doing a 5 lug cobra conversion with 93 cobra r spindles and plan on buying eibach springs with tokiko shocks.so if i am hearing this right an allignment is all will need for this to handle decent.

Dont mind me. I've been pulling hair for the last 2 and a half years just trying to get this car fixed right and running properly. And now, every time I run into some kind of problem, I just wanna rip someone a new one. This is iaggravating the hell out of me. Sorry guys.. dont take it personally. I'm always confused whether or not something is broken or what should be done. It's been solo .. SN is the only outside help I've been relying on for years.

I tell you, sometimes its so fuggin rough, I feel like ditching the car... nut of course I never do that.

More than likely, your problem is alignment related. Lowering a car changes the alignment drastically and adjustment is always required after this is done. I'm lowering my car tomorrow and the car is going to the shop on Monday for an alignment.

Dont mind me. I've been pulling hair for the last 2 and a half years just trying to get this car fixed right and running properly. And now, every time I run into some kind of problem, I just wanna rip someone a new one. This is iaggravating the hell out of me. Sorry guys.. dont take it personally. I'm always confused whether or not something is broken or what should be done. It's been solo .. SN is the only outside help I've been relying on for years.

I tell you, sometimes its so fuggin rough, I feel like ditching the car... nut of course I never do that.

i know exactly what you are talking about, im on my second suspension, third transmission, and a rather long engine process, and my car hasnt driven since Nov 08...

id say alignment...maybe get some aluminum steering rack bushings...mm has them for $50...its often overlooked...

i have a sn95 and had a problem kinda close to this before i lost my bottom end, then it snowballed...but its probably alignment...

this is some pretty good information i have a ford motorsport swaybar and maximum motorsport strut tower brace and cc plates.i am doing a 5 lug cobra conversion with 93 cobra r spindles and plan on buying eibach springs with tokiko shocks.so if i am hearing this right an allignment is all will need for this to handle decent.

You may consider going with the Eibach shocks/struts - Eibach designs their suspension parts to work together, and at least I feel more comfortable going with one supplier instead of piecing together from many different suppliers.

And the Eibach shocks/struts come with a 1 million mile guarantee, so they should be durable!