thought you guy might want to see this. pic

  • Sponsors(?)


Paul C.

Founding Member
Aug 27, 2001
321
0
0
Thrall,TX
Visit site
Stinger said:
That's a speed density ranger motor (hence no vam and the TB cover) that has the turbo/manifold bolted onto it...running like 10psi. It was the one on Hot Rod a few years ago.

Stinger
Found this old post. Got a question. How is he running a SD system? What computer etc.??

Obviously backed off the timing and limit the boost. I have that mag but they give little info.

Just curious.
 

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
7,749
20
118
37
Shawnee, KS
www.Stinger-Performance.com
Paul C. said:
Found this old post. Got a question. How is he running a SD system? What computer etc.??

Obviously backed off the timing and limit the boost. I have that mag but they give little info.

Just curious.
Running the stock Ranger setup as far as I know...I thought the Rangers were MAF type engines though...don't know much about Rangers.

Stinger
 

Paul C.

Founding Member
Aug 27, 2001
321
0
0
Thrall,TX
Visit site
Okay I read the article again. I think the computer is the one from the 88 Ranger (SD) with a turbo setup from the Tbird. Timing @ 10 and boost @ 8psi. Will the SD computer function with boost? Lots of turbo Dodges were SD.

Still no forged pistons in there but it's been running like that for a few years!
 

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
7,749
20
118
37
Shawnee, KS
www.Stinger-Performance.com
Paul C. said:
Okay I read the article again. I think the computer is the one from the 88 Ranger (SD) with a turbo setup from the Tbird. Timing @ 10 and boost @ 8psi. Will the SD computer function with boost? Lots of turbo Dodges were SD.

Still no forged pistons in there but it's been running like that for a few years!
I'm sure he's using an FMU which means the SD computer doesn't know the motor is turbocharged...

Of course it's running fine with cast pistons at 8psi...that's only like 125rwhp :worship:

Stinger
 

mr_woodster

Active Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,314
0
36
36
Riverside, CA
Visit site
Stinger said:
I'm sure he's using an FMU which means the SD computer doesn't know the motor is turbocharged...

Of course it's running fine with cast pistons at 8psi...that's only like 125rwhp :worship:

Stinger
125rwhp.....do u know what that means??? = chevy eater :worship: :nice: