Lx89Stang05

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
S.E. Mass
1p132-med.jpg

1p133.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Stinger said:
That's a speed density ranger motor (hence no vam and the TB cover) that has the turbo/manifold bolted onto it...running like 10psi. It was the one on Hot Rod a few years ago.

Stinger

Found this old post. Got a question. How is he running a SD system? What computer etc.??

Obviously backed off the timing and limit the boost. I have that mag but they give little info.

Just curious.

Paul C. said:
Found this old post. Got a question. How is he running a SD system? What computer etc.??

Obviously backed off the timing and limit the boost. I have that mag but they give little info.

Just curious.

Running the stock Ranger setup as far as I know...I thought the Rangers were MAF type engines though...don't know much about Rangers.

Stinger

Okay I read the article again. I think the computer is the one from the 88 Ranger (SD) with a turbo setup from the Tbird. Timing @ 10 and boost @ 8psi. Will the SD computer function with boost? Lots of turbo Dodges were SD.

Still no forged pistons in there but it's been running like that for a few years!

Paul C. said:
Okay I read the article again. I think the computer is the one from the 88 Ranger (SD) with a turbo setup from the Tbird. Timing @ 10 and boost @ 8psi. Will the SD computer function with boost? Lots of turbo Dodges were SD.

Still no forged pistons in there but it's been running like that for a few years!

I'm sure he's using an FMU which means the SD computer doesn't know the motor is turbocharged...

Of course it's running fine with cast pistons at 8psi...that's only like 125rwhp :worship:

Stinger