Thoughts / qustion on first ever spark plug change

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
1. All in all, it wasn't that bad.

2. Except for the douche bag who decided on the spark plug placement of the one closest to the fire wall on the passenger side. Are you serious? That thing is god damn miserable to get to. Whoever designed that area should suffer in hell. Took an extension, a universal joint, a fair amount of profanity, and a beer for that plug alone.

3. Also changed up the dizzy, rotor, cap, (all MSD) and new FMS wires (car came with old ones). Looks much brighter in there.

4. I got the new FMS wire set... there was the obvious 8 wires for the plugs, then 2 possible wires for the coil-to-rotor. Which one should I use? One of them has two ends that are the same and the one has this funky copper long connector. I can only assume this is for the Fox guys.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach either of the coil-to-rotor cables. Anyone have experience with this?

thanks in advance,

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

I just took the connecter that attaches to the coil from the stock coil wire and put it on the short FMS wire. Not too difficult to do. The wire will slide inside the rubber connecter boot with some force. Once you have the metal connecter out of the rubber boot you will be able to see how to reconnect it to the FMS wire.

once you do a plug change a time or two it gets realy easy. It just takes a few times to get the order of tools needed to get at it.

FWIW I got a set of accel super wires (the kind you make yourself) and made my own coil wire with the factory boot for the coil. I then took back the wires and said that "after I got one plug put together I noticed that the straight boots will not fit, can I just get my money back" They gave me my money back and I bought a set of FMS wires with that money. Have a factory looking coil wire and IMHO a better set of plug wires in the FMS ones. looks great.

Black95GTS said:
1. All in all, it wasn't that bad.

2. Except for the douche bag who decided on the spark plug placement of the one closest to the fire wall on the passenger side. Are you serious? That thing is god damn miserable to get to. Whoever designed that area should suffer in hell. Took an extension, a universal joint, a fair amount of profanity, and a beer for that plug alone.
Haha!

Now you're starting to sound like our moderator Joe (Vib). Them Florida boys love to drink and work on cars....

Joe