Throttle Body Comparison

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
Im in the market for a throttle body and I cannot find a reason to detour myself away from (the cheaper one) at this point. Can anyone tell me why they would spend the extra coin over the Summit Brand 70mm (143$) throttle body Summit SUM-227214 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Mustang Throttle Bodies - summitracing.com

verses the BBK 70mm for (210$) listed here BBK Performance 1523 - BBK Power-Plus Series Throttle Bodies - summitracing.com

I would much rather have a quality part but neither from with a TPS or IAC so im not to sure what more bang for my buck I will get. Any help would be appreciated. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My thoughts exactly. I am def. going to go with the 75mm I have the original TPS on my throttle body now and IAC should I look at replacing them as well while I am at it? :flag:

Also our cars are the same color so rock on :]

I can say this from seeing things said by many over the years I've
been hanging around on these Stang Boards :)

The units offered by Accufab are first rate and top notch :nice:

I've seen articles that show they flow more air with less diameter
so that goes to show they are really efficient.

Now ... having said all that :D

You gottta know they cost a bit more than .........

the average old run of the mill tb :rlaugh:

Grady

Is the inlet opening on the Track Heat 75mm?

If not, don't get the 75mm because it won't flow 75mm worth of air...if it is, go for it!

It shouldn't matter. The inlet opening of the stock intake is a lot less than 75mm but I ported it to match my 75mm TB. You can do the same with any other intake that has an opening of less than 75mm.

Air flow. Accufab flows waaay more per mm than any other depending on your needs...I still want to find that CFM chart lol. NA, My 80mm will flow more than I would ever need. Now..another brand 80mm will most likely be right on the edge and allow me no room to grow.

:worthlesb

Edelbrock ------------------------------------------- Accufab
tb.jpg

Accufab

tb1.jpg

I just installed a Accufab 70mm on my Cobra intake, ported the intake to match the EGR spacer, and I can say for sure you will notice the throttle response right away even at low RPM, Accufabs are expensive but well worth the investment over BBk and others, Accufabs are manufactured to the strictest tolerances and the workmanship is A1, but then again spend what you can afford, I upgraded the throttle body last and put my first investment in gears, you cant wrong with gears

I would trust a summit peice. That said, I once had a Professional Products 65mm and it was a POS. From day one, it had sticky issues and generally caused me pain.

Now I have an Ford Racing 75mm which is quite rare nowadays and it looks to be a much more high quality build than the PP crap I'd opted for back then.