I have 2006 Mustang GT with a Vortech supercharger. It's pushing 460 whp and 455 tq. It was seeming off a couple weeks ago, jerking around in the lower gears like a wild bull. I then installed an air raid throttle body spacer to add a little more throttle response. I was getting a wrench light here and there so I replaced the stock throttle body with a BBK 62mm throttle body. This only increased occurrence. I was told it was most likely the actuator or tps sensor. I said fine I will get a Ford Racing 62mm throttle body as it has great reviews. However, this has not fixed the issue. I dropped it off at the ford dealer and they couldn't figure anything out worth a s***. I replaced the pedal sensor and that didn't work either. Also haven't seen any true electrical issues. According to my SCT the codes im throwing are p0172, p0175, p1000, p2104, and p2112. I was thinking it may be tune related but I wanted to know for sure before I fork out $500+ for a tune as im just a college student. I really miss my car, man it would mean a lot if someone could help.

Attachments

• 54B191B8-7AFF-46F7-A4FB-24A5C668495E_1_201_a.jpeg
    54B191B8-7AFF-46F7-A4FB-24A5C668495E_1_201_a.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1863 2.jpg
    IMG_1863 2.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1864 2.jpg
    IMG_1864 2.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Sponsors (?)

A lot of times changing intake tract parts will cause issues. Something is causing the computer to think more air is entering the engine than what is actually occurring. Could be anything from bad O2 sensors to the MAF malfunctioning. If the car was running well then started having issues before any parts were changed, then the tune is likely not the issue. However, the parts you have installed could be making things worse.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Anton3v,
First of all, I have a very limited knowledge concerning cars and everything I share is from experience. I recently purchased the ford racing throttle body as well, upon purchase American Muscle informed me that that throttle body does require calibration and a tune but I purchased an Air raid cold air intake, which I knew would require a tune. After installing it I did get the P0172 code until I cleaned the connector to the MAF sensor; however I was still stuck getting P2104 and 2112. I recently took it to an auto shop and they explained to me that I had pre-existing engine harness problem (which I knew and I thought I fixed) the harness was in bad shape when I purchased the vehicle. I was informed that I had a bad ECM that had been shorted out due to the harness problem. Personally, since you don’t have the engine harness issue I would try calibrating the throttle body as well as reseting the ECM which would allow the car to go through the relearning sequence. Once again, I'm not a mechanic but YouTube offered some pretty good advice to eliminating quite a few of the codes I was getting before I hit the PCM issue. Hopefully, that helps; Good Luck friend!

Hey Anton3v,
First of all, I have a very limited knowledge concerning cars and everything I share is from experience. I recently purchased the ford racing throttle body as well, upon purchase American Muscle informed me that that throttle body does require calibration and a tune but I purchased an Air raid cold air intake, which I knew would require a tune. After installing it I did get the P0172 code until I cleaned the connector to the MAF sensor; however I was still stuck getting P2104 and 2112. I recently took it to an auto shop and they explained to me that I had pre-existing engine harness problem (which I knew and I thought I fixed) the harness was in bad shape when I purchased the vehicle. I was informed that I had a bad ECM that had been shorted out due to the harness problem. Personally, since you don’t have the engine harness issue I would try calibrating the throttle body as well as reseting the ECM which would allow the car to go through the relearning sequence. Once again, I'm not a mechanic but YouTube offered some pretty good advice to eliminating quite a few of the codes I was getting before I hit the PCM issue. Hopefully, that helps; Good Luck friend!
Have you replaced the harness?
Thanks

Luckily I found a pretty decent ecu harness at a salvage yard for $150, I found it using car-part.com. I live in California so the installation price may be cheaper for you...had Pep boys install it and it cost me around $700-800 for labor; I had other things installed as well. Good Luck!