Engine Throttle body spacer needed?

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
My 351 W (1995 Lightning motor) has a TrickFlow upper intake, Anderson PowerPipe. There is a chrome TB spacer installed. The spacer doesn't have any "ports" or fittings on it that I can see. It looks like a spacer only. Can it be removed without causing any issues? My 3" cowl hood slightly touches the rubber intake hose, and if I were to remove the spacer, I would be able to move that hose over enough to the drivers' side of the engine enough to then clear the hood interference.

• Sponsors (?)

TB pics

Attachments

• 20190615_194716.jpg
    20190615_194716.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 20190615_194850.jpg
    20190615_194850.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 163
I think that the wider "spacer" bolts to that thinner chrome spacer. Removing the wider one would give me the clearance I need for the hood to close without touching the rubber upper intake hose.

I see the standard egr spacer and a 1/2" spacer. The throttle body cable is connected to the wider one. Does your car have a functional egr? If so, deleting the wide one will affect it.

The wide one is actually an intake component and not really a spacer. Harder to delete. The thin one is the one that's been added on

I see the standard egr spacer and a 1/2" spacer. The throttle body cable is connected to the wider one. Does your car have a functional egr? If so, deleting the wide one will affect it.

The wide one is actually an intake component and not really a spacer. Harder to delete. The thin one is the one that's been added on
Are you and I looking at the same pic?
I see a polished tb and a thick polished spacer. No small spacer.
It amounts to the same thing, he needs a thinner spacer.

I'm pretty sure I have an Accufab 75mm TB. I think the polished spacer is about 2" wide. Ive found a few 1/2" spacers online similar to the LMR link you guys posted. If the 1/2" spacer will work without idle/running issues, it may solve my hood clearance issue.

I looked again and I was wrong. Disregard my post completely
No, I will not disregard your post, I will revel in the fact that I was right (one of the few times it is actually in writing) and will hold my head up high satisfied that for even a fleeting moment I was superior in my observation and, and I think I have had too much coffee and will shutup now.

Reactions: 1 users