Throttle Cable Install/Removal? Anybody done this before?

1SickFox

Jun 10, 2008
Hey guys, i have an '86 GT that was converted to carb and now i'm converting it back to efi ha. It looks like i'm going to have to put in a efi throttle cable and the throttle bracket right? They look to be different. Are all throttle cables and brackets the same throughout 1986-93? This is a 5.0 5 speed T5 car by the way. What all is involved to do the swap? I see there are to screws that hold the cable to the fire wall. What else do i have to do to remove the cable and install the correct one? Thanks!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

yep. unhook it from the pedal assembly, unbolt the 2 bolts from the firewall, and there's also a round disc on the firewall right behind where it boltbolts from. it's only designed to slip on and has almost like a barb so it doesn't come off easy.

i found this out by unbolting it and getting pissed it wouldnt come out so i gave it a few good yanks.

I just reached under the dash and puled the cable end so I could get some slack and then popped off the plastic barb from the pedal by pulling it back toward the rear of the car then the cable just pops off.