throttle position sensor stuck

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Well i bought a bbk 65mm TB and while i was taking the sensors and stuff off the stock TB i stripped the screws on the throttle position sensor. :( I had a good screwdriver that fit in there fine but those screws didnt wanna budge. My car has about 126,000miles on it now and i called a few places for a new TPS and i got prices ranging from 30 to $40. Is this a part that i should just drill out the screws and reuse the stock one or just buy a new one :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

*update*

well i got the TPS sensor off by drilling out the heads of the screws and got everything installed w00t :banana:

now my only problem is i have a slight hanging idle at about 2,000 rpms (itll drop down fast till it hits 2grand hten it goes down slow) and also my idle is now at about 1,000 whitch isnt really a problem since i wanted to turn up my idle a bit anyways. would adjusting the TPS voltage help with the hanging rpm's?

well i got it as good as i think im gonna get it, runs a lot better now. what i did was turned the adjusting screw all the way in then backed it out about 1 - 1&1/4 turns

the screw i adjusted
attachment.php

If you have any more problems, do check the TPS voltage. Get it as close to 1 as you can without going over (.99 or whatever). I never got mine to idle quite right with my 65mm till I did that. Hope it stays fine for you though.