Throttle position sensor

Demon 5 Speed

Jun 13, 2006
hey guys, i need some help. i need to replace the camshaft position sensor but dont know where its at or how to go about this. also, the light that indicates that you need coolant wont turn off, yet i have coolant. any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Demon 5 Speed said:
hey guys, i need some help. i need to replace the camshaft position sensor but dont know where its at or how to go about this. also, the light that indicates that you need coolant wont turn off, yet i have coolant. any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

now your opening topic says TPS, so which is it?
if it is the the CAM sensor, it's on the driverside of the front chain cover behind the P/S fluid resv.(as stated above, the one on the pass side is the crank sensor) the coolant sensor is not serviced by itself, you'll have to buy a new coolant resv, seems to-be a common problem of late.

yeah, 2001 up they did away wth the coolant sensor on 'Stangs. my guess is that "junk" in the coolant system, ie: rust, scale and other debris get in the float of the sensor and cause it to stick, might try and flush the tank out and see if that helps.