Thus begins the longest 6~8 weeks of my life...

• Sponsors (?)

So, how is the time passing for you....man.....8 weeks....that's 56 days....1344 hours....WOW....oh, wait, I'm sorry, I just realized it has not even been 12 hours yet.........

Hope you make it without going over the edge. We will support you....maybe.....lol

Congrats on the new order.

On a side note...

I was at the dealer trying to see if they could print me a window sticker for my '06, (see other thread) and there were only 2 Mustangs at the place! One was a used '10 v-6 in grabber blue, and the other was a new '11 5.0 automatic in candy apple red. And they were 2 of four total cars in the showroom. Not a single Mustang on the lot at one of the biggest dealers in this area!! Unbelievable!!:notnice::mad:

On a side note...

I was at the dealer trying to see if they could print me a window sticker for my '06, (see other thread) and there were only 2 Mustangs at the place! One was a used '10 v-6 in grabber blue, and the other was a new '11 5.0 automatic in candy apple red. And they were 2 of four total cars in the showroom. Not a single Mustang on the lot at one of the biggest dealers in this area!! Unbelievable!!:notnice::mad:

If there were only 4 cars in the showroom, maybe you should try a bigger dealer? 2 out of 4 sounds pretty good, that's like 50% Mustang.

I know what you mean, but this showroom could easily hold 15-20 cars. (the dealer building used to be a Home Depot. I guess times are just tough, maybe so tough that can't afford to occupy such a large facility, and they are liquidating their inventory.

That's a crazy small inventory for a dealership but then again I'm spoiled in south Florida. We've got the largest dealership in the nation for just about every brand of car there is.

Congrats on the purchase! The new 5.0's are pretty sick, just save some money for I/H/E and a tune :D

I called and updated my order to include the rear view camera. I was under the assumption that you had to have the upgraded shaker 1000 system and the big screen nav unit to use the rear camera and then a guy on another forum said it shows up in the rear view mirror! Too cool!

Oh and literally the day I placed the order for my car, my wife's transmission grenaded itself... fluid is full of metal shavings, doesn't shift right, no overdrive at all... cost to replace or repair transmission, $3000. Value of car? $3500 :notnice: Did 2 fluid changes but the thing is still throwing a code for the shift solenoids. Just not worth the cost to repair to us.

So we went and bought her a new car. We were originally planning on getting the TDI jetta but after driving it and then the VW CC, for what the price of the CC was, we found this for cheaper and after driving it, it's SOOOO much better than the CC and after crunching the numbers, only $50 a month more than the Jetta too. Another no brainer.

IMG_0637-2.jpg

IMG_0635-1.jpg

IMG_0638-3.jpg

Certified preowned, 86K extended powertrain warranty, only 13K miles on the odometer, mint condition inside and out. We also enrolled in the optional audi care program that costs $10 a month but covers all fluid changes and all work at each scheduled maintenance. One oil change (which costs $200 at the dealership) makes it worth it.

We're not planning on keeping it more than 2 or 3 years at most so the car will still be under full warranty while we own it so any potential expensive german mechanical issues are not a problem for us.

So yeah, my long wait for my car just got made ten times worse now that the wife is buzzing around town in the A4. Next stop for the A4 is APR over in Auburn to have their stage 1 ECU tune 93 octane loaded. Should take the car from the stock 212 HP/280 TQ to a nice 234 HP/333 TQ @ the flywheel. I think after that, it'll get a window tint and we'll call it a day.

Having money is nice.

LOL not any more! View attachment 199073

I figured I was going to have a little mod money to play with but it looks like whatever I can sell my car for ($6K at best I hope) that's going to be more or less all I get for mod money until one of us gets a pay raise.

We're saving up for a down payment on a new house and I'm not allowed to touch that money :nono: