timeless2: 2001 Roush Stage2 progress thread

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
the Shadow Gallery
OK, figured I may as well join the fold and post up my plans, as a few people have asked me what I have in store already. Below is my "to do" list of tweaks I want to get done before (and just as) the weather warms up.

Please post feedback, questions, etc on what you think of the list, its order or priority, or anything you think would help me out.

FYI, here's the initial thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/772890-so-i-just-got-call.html

To Do
  • leather cleaned & conditioned
  • plastic and vinyl to get 303 treatment
  • silicone lubricant applied to all weatherstripping (including trunk)
  • body and wheels polished
  • spark plugs replaced
  • CAI filter cleaned, potentially replaced entirely
  • brake calipers repainted - paint is pretty faded and chipped
  • Roush fender badges
  • headlight & fog light restore / replace
  • headlight bulbs replaced with Silverstars - kept the ones from my 2004 GT to use (keep "stock" bulbs for spares)
  • grille delete
  • shifter

Updates (date complete)
  • rear view mirror installed (2/6/09)
  • one touch down passenger window (2/6/09)
  • MM Strut Tower Brace (5/16/09)
  • exhaust repaired (outlet tubes replaced and tips polished & re-installed) (7/10/09)
  • front brake lines - parts on hand, pending installation (7/10/09)
  • brake pads (front only - rear look fine) (7/10/09)
  • rear tires replaced (7/10/09)

• Sponsors (?)

Nice! :nice: I still cant believe the deal you got on the roush and I cant wait to see what it will look like when done.

What shifter you going with? MGW?
Thanks, mate.

I am not certain at this point. That is one of my lower priority additions at this time. If I do, I'll try and pick up something second hand.
Why are drag radials on the back?
Prior owner had them on there. Not certain of reasoning.
cause they aren't made for the front :D:D:D
:rlaugh:
Not seeing blower on the list anywhere? :shrug:
Nope. Not even a remote consideration this year. If I stumble onto something, I might bite at it.
I've always wanted to one-touch my passenger window.

How much does the module cost?

I would also like to one-touch the windows going up as well.
$30 shipped. Was $25 a couple years ago when I did it to my 2004 GT.
Source: PonyPerformance.com~ One Touch Down window module kit
I am not aware of a module that would provide the one-touch up. The S197 Mustang does it stock.
Need to add some FI and Stage 3 nose to that list. :nice:
Also some DUB spinnas!
Not certain.
No.

Why are drag radials on the back?
Generaly the reason for drag radials is to put power to the ground. They work much in the same way as a standard tire but provide better gripping ability in a straight line. Mustang owners have been known in the past to install them to help with traction issues. And as earlier noted, they do not work as well when mounted up front. :rolleyes: :rlaugh:

Got the mirror button mounted. Headed out to put the OTD relay in now.
Tim, do you plan on replacing the rear DRs with some more nitto 555Rs or with something else? I got around 13K out of my nitto Drs FYI :)
I'll likely be replacing them with 555s (to match the front). The rears right now (the DRs) are 305/35/ZR18 and the front 555s are 265/35/ZR18. Back in 2001, Roush mounted 265/35/ZR18 at the front and 295/35ZR18 in the rear.

Not 100% sure yet what I'm going to do. The tires are important before I hit the road course, but I want the exhaust repaired foremost.
Nice list Tim. Gotta put some $ in the car sometimes.
Thanks, Matt.
Yes sir, indeed.

I say supercharger, I will help you, need injectors, throttle body, tune so on and so forth. And if I get that one in cleveland, then I will know all the things not to do on it after yours has gone through all its failures, it will be a nice experiment.:shrug:

I say supercharger, I will help you, need injectors, throttle body, tune so on and so forth.
Everyone says supercharger! Would it be odd to have a Roush Stage 2.5? :shrug:
And if I get that one in cleveland, then I will know all the things not to do on it after yours has gone through all its failures, it will be a nice experiment.:shrug:
:lol:

You have to own one first. ;)

Yes, :D

I just seen in the new 5.0 mustangs and super fords magazine that Vortech is releasing a twin screw :eek: :drool:
Called the VL series

Video: Vortech's New VL-series Twin Screw Blower - NMCA Hot Rod & Muscle Car Nationals Forums

Nice....but it seems to be nothing more than a rebadged Lysholm. Not a bad thing, but how many different ways are they going to sell the same product? I guess Lysholm is looking for a new North American distributor since they and Whipple (which also shares the same design) parted ways? :shrug: