Timing from scratch

Rlabrada5.0

Sep 5, 2020
Texas
Need help with timing I’m working on my 92 Fox body just recently swap intake to a gt40 but I haven’t been able to fired it up timing is off when I tried to fix it I realized my balancer doesn’t have the marks anymore and was wondering if someone knows how to set timing without using balancer marks as guide.

• Sponsors (?)

The marks on the stock balancer are ground in. They are kinda shallow but they should still be there. Go under the car and slowly turn the crank with a breaker bar and I bet you'll find them. When you do, scuff them clean and highlight them with paint. I put a white mark at 0 and a bright green one at my preferred advance setting. You can also get timing tape and install it.

I got a dial back timming light,just aim at balancer and dial till it hits zero on balancer. It's cool.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Update wire drill worked was able to remove rust and found marks they are in graved. Thanks John Dirks Jr saved me $.
The marks on the stock balancer are ground in. They are kinda shallow but they should still be there. Go under the car and slowly turn the crank with a breaker bar and I bet you'll find them. When you do, scuff them clean and highlight them with paint. I put a white mark at 0 and a bright green one at my preferred advance setting. You can also get timing tape and install it.

Reactions: 1 user