tire fitment question

• Sponsors (?)

A 255 50 16 tire WILL fit on a 16x7 rim..but that's about as wide as you wanna go. 245 is actually ideal...at 255, the edges of the tire begin to curl up...so the footprint isn't proper anymore.

Quad shocks? I'm not familiar with any Mustangs having 4 shocks in the rear...? But even still, that *shouldnt* affect what tire you can fit in the rear provided that for a Mustang, 245's and 255's are perfectly normal. So basically...everything SHOULD fit as far as I know.

definately won't have a problem... i'm running 275s in the back of mine, and i don't have a problem anymore... i did have some SLIGHT rubbing during fast cornering, but thats just because i need subframes(haha) but since then i put on some 1/4" spacers i picked up at carlisle and now i have no rubbing whatsoever... 255s shouldnt be a prob

cjman15 said:
definately won't have a problem... i'm running 275s in the back of mine, and i don't have a problem anymore... i did have some SLIGHT rubbing during fast cornering, but thats just because i need subframes(haha) but since then i put on some 1/4" spacers i picked up at carlisle and now i have no rubbing whatsoever... 255s shouldnt be a prob

What all did you have to do to get the 275s to fit on the back of your car? I know that I would have to flip over the quad shocks but would I have to role the fenders? My wheels are 17x9" AFS cobra Rs +20mm offset, 4.95" backspacing I want to put some 275s on it but I have been told that they wont fit with quad shocks and that I would have to roll the fenders. I want to put 275/40/17s on it.
Thanks-

347 Special said:
i have 275-50-15 in the rear w/ no probs. TEN HOLES.(15x7) My car is not lowered anymore so it was easier to fit that size. i think 245 is the widest you can get in the front (?)

How did you fit 275's onto a 7 wide wheel? 7 is pretty slim for such a big tire...I can't imagine there being much of a contact patch there.. ?? I know guys running 255's, and the edges of the tires are curled up from being too wide for the rim.