Tire pressure for a 245/40/17

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks all. Should the front bear higher pressure coz the weight of the engine is in front?
Went to the 1/4 yesterday on 35 behind. Can't keep the rears quiet. pulling 14.53 at 98mph. should be going faster. my 0-60 is consistently 2.4s. any tips on getting out the hole quicker?

Ahbeng said:
Thanks all. Should the front bear higher pressure coz the weight of the engine is in front?
Went to the 1/4 yesterday on 35 behind. Can't keep the rears quiet. pulling 14.53 at 98mph. should be going faster. my 0-60 is consistently 2.4s. any tips on getting out the hole quicker?

I had my tires at 32psi put recently changed it to 34psi to see how it is. Also I am about to buy some 275/40/17 for my 01 cobra coupe, is the tire pressure different for a wider tire.

i have 275/40/17 on my 99 and I run about 34 in them and I must say they hook much better than the stock tires. Takes away some of the fun though because no longer is there all this unnesessary wheel spin, it just chirps and grips. bfgs of course. :nice:

Ahbeng said:

Yikes...2.4 60ft is what is killing you. You must be spinning like crazy outta the hole. What gears are you running??