Wheels-Tires Tire Question. Please Help!

gicuenitro

Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys!

My father asked if he could take my '11 Mustang V6 to the race in Vegas this weekend before he starts his Chemotherapy. Trying to let him enjoy himself a bit and this way they can save a bit and not have to worry. Trouble is or was, my brother in law is worried about tire rot like somehow the tires we bought the car with were bad or have sat long enough to rot. Seems ridiculous to me...I mean..I'm terminally ill so I don't use the car a lot but the car still gets driven regularly. Yea, there's only 50k on it but the tires seemed fine. But anyways, he decided to have my father look for a used set online or something .And my dad found a set of Bridgestone Drive guard 225/45RF18s which I guess are the equivalent of Run Flats and are fresh off a BMW. I was told they would fit the mustang but be an inch lower being lower profile tires and also a half inch or a full inch wider.

Does anyone use the same tire size on their mustang? Do you recommend it? Is there anything I should do before or after getting them put on? Anything about the lower profile etc? They are leaving late Thursday I believe so if anyone has any thoughts on it or thinks I shouldn't put them on or worse...I'd be very grateful and appreciate it no matter what!

Thanks a ton guys and girls! Fellow Stang owners! Hope you all are having a great 2018 so far!

• Sponsors (?)

Can you tell us a little more about your car and the age of the tires? Is it a stick or auto, are you looking for road racing or drag racing tires? Are these tire to be dedicated daily driver tires or are you just using them for racing?