TKO 600 Neutral Safety Switch Connector & Crossmember Question

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Swapping in a TKO600 in the ole fox and noticed the Neutral Safety Switch connector on the tranny is very "weird". I didn't think anything of it at first but now that the tranny is in the car, its got me thinking. I'm not sure if they come this way or if the previous owner done this to the switch but what do I need to do to fix it? I want everything to work like stock on the car, reason I'm making this thread is because I don't have the trans crossmember in yet and I can still lower the trans down some to change out the switch if that's what I need to do. Here are my possible options, tell me which I need to do:
1. Leave it like it is and plug the two wires together
2. Cut my connector off and splice it on
3. Put the switch from my T5 in the TKO600

Pics of the switch, first two are the current TKO600 switch and the one on the ground is of the T5 one:
View attachment 248187

View attachment 248188

View attachment 248189

My last question has to deal with the modification of the stock crossmember. I've read that you have to cut the spot welds so that the tubes will move on the crossmember and you can move it back some. Well I decided to go ahead and do this today and I cut the welds but I still can't get the tubes to move on the crossmember. Have I not cut enough off or am I not using a big enough hammer? I've cut all the way through and I can see the metal bushing rod coming across so I don't know how much more I can cut really. Anyone have pics or opinions? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Dave I think the previous owner did that, usually they have the plug... I don't remember which wire is which but you can splive your plug on. Give a shout to D&D or Hanlon they should be able to tell you very quick which is which.