TKO making a lot of rattling noise

I put a TKO500 in my car about 12,000-15,000 miles ago. As would be expected it was slightly louder than my original T5. This was mostly noticible in 5th gear where it made a sort of rattling sound while in gear under any condition except when I completely let off the gas. Over the past two weeks I noticed that it seemed to be a little louder. I didn't really think much of it though. After driving it tonight though it's starting to make a **** tone of noise. It's the same rattling type sound it made in fifth gear but louder. I will also experience it periodically in fourth gear. This is not to mention that it also makes the noise when I lug it down. This happened before as well but it is also getting worse than it used to be. Despite this it seems to function and shift fine. Tomorrow I'm going to try and troubleshoot this thing. I will obviously check the fluid first, even though I haven't noticed any leaks, but besides that I just can't think of why it would start to make more noise. Where should I go from there. Is there any reason this thing should be starting to make more noise? Thanks.
- Justin

• Sponsors (?)

might be a dumb question...but is there a possibility it may be detonation? Are you completely sure its the tranny?

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but it sounds like a det. issue

luck

I could see how you may have gotten to that conclusion but it's definately not detonation. I know that for a fact.

I checked the fluid in the tranny today and it is full. I guess I'm just going to live with it for now until I drop the new motor in and then maybe I'll take a closer look once the tranny is away from the engine.

you might want to change the fluid in it and see if that changes anything:shrug: the noise you described sounds just like mine has since day one though, just wouldnt explain it getting louder all the sudden