TKO or g-force?

steel1212

Active Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,180
0
36
Frankfort, Ky
I'm wondering if I should have my t-5 rebuilt to a g-force for around 1500 or just look for a used TKO?

I already have a t-5 and all the hardware to have it in my 65 so all I would have to do is send it off, and it bolts right in with no mods.

If I get a TKO I would have to sell my t5 and crossmember and get a new crossmember and the TKO. I've also heard that it doesn't bolt right up with out some cutting???

I just bought an aluminum drive shaft, if I decide to get a TKO will I have to get another one?
 
G-force prices:
Parts kit $1,095.00
ASTM 9310 High Nickel Steel main shaft $295.00
OR
ASTM 4340-300M Thru Hard Premium Alloy $495.00
Them installing it in my t-5 $250.00

So low end 1640, high end 1840 plus shipping costs with basically all new internals.

Ebay has a guy selling a tko with 600ft ratings for 1584.95

Sure the TKO is cheaper but isn't it harder to get in and wouldn't it weigh more? Plus I already have the stuff for the t5.