tko to c4 swap

Parts:

C4 with bellhousing

Flexplate (make sure its 157 or 164 tooth,depending on bellhousing)

Flexplate bolts (the flywheel to crank bolts wont work,there to long,get arp flexplate bolts)

You need to modify the mount to line up with the crossmember.Its simple just get a piece of steel,drill two holes for the trans mount bolts and two holes for the crossmember bolts.

New yoke

Trans fill tube/dip-stick

Bell housing bolts

And a good converter,which should come with converter bolts.

Make sure to get a good trans cooler and run lines.I also put a auxiliary trans fillter on mine for extra protection.

PM me if you need any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh,another thing.

If you get a painted flexplate,make sure you remover the paint around the holes!This is very important as over time the bolts will slowy loose torque until they are very loose.The they will either fall out or sher off.

And get another block plate,you can probably use the one you got now,but if its bent at all it will make irritating noises all the time.

When your installing the trans,make sure the converter ingauges the pump.Other wise it will **** up your new transmission.

Theres also something about converter clearance but i can remember what it was right now,but you shouldnt have a problem unless the parts are screwed up.

alright, i figured out how much this is gonna cost. right around $1200, including the tranny/converter, flexplate/bolts, yoke, block plate, and shifter (hurst quarter stick). now i just need to find $1200 or sell the tko for that much. hehe

ps. and that is stuff priced through summit...so it will probably be a little cheaper from other places

ECU5.0 said:
sorry to keep bumping this thread...but what do all of you think about this tranny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...001356623QQcategoryZ46104QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Be very careful,we went thour a feasco that ended up with probably the worlds most expensive C4 (little over $4000 into it),that is now waiting to be parted out or possably rebuilt in my shop.

I was actualy scared to ride in the car with my father in fear of having the tran blow (it broke 15 times,four times it was on the same road,I began to think it was cursed or something,lol).