Tokyo Drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt that a honda motor not a Skyline motor in that pic?

When I left the movie theater there was about 300 people mostly teens infront of the movie theater. Some honda did a small burnout and everone went nutz. So when I drove by everone was expecting something special but I saw a cop and got scared. I so badly wanted to show off, but hey I didnt want to get searched.

DropTopPony said:
Well his movie career hasn't exactly blossumed lately like he expected...He turned down 2F2F and XXX 2 both were big paydays....now he will be begging for FF4.
yeah I was thinking the same thing. I forgot the name of that movie where he's a Navy Seal or something and becomes a baby sitter? Yeah, good career move Vin

While I think the FF movies are pretty gay, he made a mistake not signing on for the 2nd one.

I can see why they didnt use Pual Walker in Tokyo Drift. It just would not fit into the story line. Im glad he wasnt in it, Tokyo Drift was a much better movie with a new cast and is totally not related to FF1 or FF2. Not to often does that workout.

For a second, I thought I was in the Nissan forum..

I'll stick with a built 2V or 03/04 Cobra motor, thank you very much. There are some holding over 800+whp, more than enough power for me. Plus you cannot substitute the torque & sound that V8s deliver.

Stang2003GT said:

Work of art.

That IS a work of art I dont care what anyone says. If you're a true motorhead, it doesnt really matter what kind of engine it is. I would build a turbo 4-cyl anyday, the stang just comes first. Saw the movie today BTW; it actually wasnt that bad. Although I would have preferred a V8 in that fastback, the storyline deffinately lined up for the nissan motor. That motor is badass, my only complaint is the way it sounds. I certainly didnt like the fart can on a muscle car.

Attachments

• rb26dett.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,919

Yes, that is one stout motor, there's no denying. But it simply ISN'T my style. I don't care if it can support 2000whp, I'd still rather have the V8 rumble in my car. Just like some ppl prefer brunettes over blondes. It's all personal taste.

I never watched 2F2F because all I saw was that damn preview for it with them crushing that Saleen between the two big rigs.

Is this one worth seeing? I wish I would have been at a theater to see the rice fest... im sure there was one.

BurningRubber said:
I never watched 2F2F because all I saw was that damn preview for it with them crushing that Saleen between the two big rigs.

Is this one worth seeing? I wish I would have been at a theater to see the rice fest... im sure there was one.

interestingly, when 2F2F came out, i was a dedicated ricer(then I owned highly tuned 4A-GZE powered MR2), and thought it was cool when Saleen got smoshed (ya i know, what was i thinking?!)

Week later, MR2 went booom, and 3 days lata, i was proud owner of my current car

mity2 said:
thought it was cool when Saleen got smoshed (ya i know, what was i thinking?!)

Week later, MR2 went booom, and 3 days lata, i was proud owner of my current car

I think thats some kind of sign...

Seriously though, those MR2's can be quite nasty... they seem like they would be fun as hell to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.