Too Much Muscle

glasspacks

Jan 15, 2022
Florida
Manual 6 speed 2018 gt has progressive super charger. In 1st gear if floored front wheels come up so caution is always employed there. However, if floored in 2nd gear the back end becomes so squirrely you have to let off. I was under the impression mustangs had traction-loc. If so shouldn't this transmit the same power to each rear wheel and prevent the rear end from taking on a life of its own.

• Sponsors (?)

Trac-loc isn't the same as traction control. So if your car has traction control and that's what you're referring to, it's very possible that the addition of a supercharger is over riding the factory settings of the system that controls braking pressure. Of course, this is just a brain storm idea, I don't know for sure if that's the case or if that can even happen.... :shrug:

Now if you're referring to just the trac-loc differential, then it's a driver control issue and can be an example of what occurs in all of the Mustang crash videos on YouTube. :nonono:

All the position traction GM cars I had and Trac loc mustang I had all get loose with a whole lot of power.
Aftermarket companies like Team z motorsports or Maximum motorsports sell suspension parts to help with your (problem)...