Took my blown Fox to the track

streakmatt

Dec 2, 2007
Took the Fox out to Mustang Madness yesterday. I had fun even though I only got 1 run in compared to some guys that got 10 LOL. 1 run for $40 :rlaugh: ..Oh well its my own damn fault for not getting the roll bar installed in time...I ran 10.67@135 with a ****ty 1.7 60ft. 1/8th mile time was 6.9@104. I wanted to try to run again to improve the 60ft. and see what it would run but it was an emphatic NO from Tech staff :D ..I was surprised by the 135MPH especially in this heat out here in Cali. They also told me I need an NHRA license to go 135+. I'm not going back out there until I get everything installed and up to specs.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice run last night Matt. U havent even raced the thing in a couple of months & u go out & run 1 pass & get your best all time MPH!!! Cant wait to see what it does with the good tune, cooler temps, & hooking a 1.5 again....:nice: u need to hurry up & get that cage in there ASAP!!!!

You guys have got to see this car in person. Its one of the cleanest foxes around, totally streetable & docile when you want it to be, but it will rip 10's easily. It also has taken a few cars by surprise lately including a C6 Z06 when we were cruising in Mexico a few weeks ago....:D

Here are some crappy vids from last night. I didnt even film the whole run because my digital point & shoot couldnt even focus far enough to see the ET & MPH....

View attachment 313486

View attachment 313487

Thanks for the replys guys. I haven't put this car on a dyno so i'm not sure of the numbers. I have a custom SCT tune from Bob Kurgan. That pass I was on CA crap 91 pump gas and my 26 degree street tune. I was running the Snow Methanol kit which helped in the heat. So I think I might be able to squezze another MPH or so when I switch to the 28 degree tune + 104 octane. I know from experience that I always pick up MPH in the winter months as well when its 50 degrees out. I'm going to be installing the 8 point and i'm going to get an anti-roll bar with new upper and lower LCA's. I'm shooting for consistent high 1.4 60's. I wanted to get this car into the 10.20-10.30 range but if I have a chance at 9's i'm going for it :nice: