TOP SPEED ANYONE???

topspeedrun-small.jpg

Yes taken by myself by resting the camera on the steering column. :shrug: :lol:

And dont say anything about the oil pressure, I replaced the oil sender unit and its always at the 'a' in normal now. :flag:

I have video hitting ~ 150mph also, and from the online calculations I've done the speedo is acurate within 1-2mph.

Attachments

• topspeedrun-small.jpg
    topspeedrun-small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Sponsors (?)

jtkz13 said:
topspeedrun-small.jpg

Yes taken by myself by resting the camera on the steering column. :shrug: :lol:

And dont say anything about the oil pressure, I replaced the oil sender unit and its always at the 'a' in normal now. :flag:

I have video hitting ~ 150mph also, and from the online calculations I've done the speedo is acurate within 1-2mph.

Mine made it a little passed that... and it just stopped abruptly no matter how much faster I went. I just thought it had a built in stop since it wouldn't go on around? :shrug:

Attachments

• topspeedrun-small.jpg
    topspeedrun-small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 38
well.... first... not to flame or nothing, but jtkz13, what gears do you have? if they are 2.73, or 3.08, I call :bs: but, anyway...

-oh, and my oil gauge shows that always :rlaugh: they're just dummy lights anyway... either you do, or don't have oil pressure :nice:

-I've personally had my almost stock 95GT to 193mph.... the tires started to warp, and mis-shapen, so I had to cut it down... but that was only at about 5200rpm too... had a little bit left.... (oh yeah, I have 3.08s)

17yrOldStanger said:
there is no way in hell i would go that fast on a bike. thats too much risk for me

Your missing out. I wish my bike would do 170 but it will do 160 and it was the biggest rush of my life. 2 mile straightaway in the middle of no where. You'd be surprised how stable and planted a sport bike feels at those speeds. They're built for that type of thing so they handle those speeds no problem.

95five-0 said:
In my stang I hit 120. In high school I had a buddy with a 73 roadrunner 440. One night he took it to about 185. At least that is what I am guessing cause the needle went passed the 165 mark and was making its way back around. Scared the living crap out of me

185 isn't possible with that car...it would have to be HEAVILY modified to overcome its wind resistance and suspension would have to be worked over to be any kind of stable...

viperos said:
well.... first... not to flame or nothing, but jtkz13, what gears do you have? if they are 2.73, or 3.08, I call :bs: but, anyway...

-oh, and my oil gauge shows that always :rlaugh: they're just dummy lights anyway... either you do, or don't have oil pressure :nice:

-I've personally had my almost stock 95GT to 193mph.... the tires started to warp, and mis-shapen, so I had to cut it down... but that was only at about 5200rpm too... had a little bit left.... (oh yeah, I have 3.08s)

You're calling :bs: on a guy then say you hit 193 in an almost stock GT? Mind if I ask how you GUESSED it was 193 since our speedos don't even come close to that. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't believe this one at all. 200mph is a damn hard speed for MOST cars to hit period. Even some of Super Cars of the world only do a little past 200. :rolleyes:

I even have proof... I'll post when I get back... but yes, I has a couple other guys in my car with me... and trust me... 193 is definetly capable... (I had a digi speedo) it CAN keep going, but the tires prevent it (Pirelli PZero Nero)

-and the :bs: comment was directed to the speedo and tach rating... that's all... absolutely not saying he CAN'T, just that at that speeds, that RPM is inaccurace, unless he has like 2.37s in it or something... but I'll wait for his comments... I may very well be wrong :D

193 with two other people in your car.... I guess you are close to the mountains out there in Washington. :rlaugh:

I appreciate your candidness, but it's still going to take more than a "digital" anything to convince me. I'm a graphic designer... I can digitally show you anything you want. :D

gcomfx.com said:
You're calling :bs: on a guy then say you hit 193 in an almost stock GT? Mind if I ask how you GUESSED it was 193 since our speedos don't even come close to that. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't believe this one at all. 200mph is a damn hard speed for MOST cars to hit period. Even some of Super Cars of the world only do a little past 200. :rolleyes:
:stupid: 193MPH on a near stock 95 GT just sounds a little far fetched. I don't want to start magazine racing here but hell, isnt the the top speed on the new Ford GT is what, ~205MPH?