TOP SPEED ANYONE???

• Sponsors (?)

17yrOldStanger said:
negative, its the speed limiter on our cars. i had a shop go in and make sure it was possible for me to go to the top speed.
I did not think there was a speed imiter on 94-95's, hmm. I have tried my best to drive my stangs responsibily, i hit 110 in my old 95 vert i was in the middle of nowhere, fastest i have had my new one was 98 on the track, i have drive the speed limit on the street now, i have decided to no longer get raped by the ins. company. 3 more months and i am ticket free!!! Yay!!
Dan

135 is my braking point. i had my buddies 03 gt up to that like right after he go it (scared the bejesus out of him). Had my cobra up to 140 but with the gears its really 135 cause the speedo is off by 5mph. Car still had a lil left i think it will do 160 just ain't willing to go that far.

I have 355s and my car hits 6000 rpm in 4th at 120mph. It will pull on up to 150mph but in 5th gear. Does this sound similar to what other 5spd owners observed. How in the hell do you own a mustang and never go past 98-110mph. Topspeed is the best part to me, getting there is a rush too.

I had my car up to 130 in a tunnel at about 2 in the morning once with the windows down. The sound was intoxicating and the 3-4 power shift was awesome. I think I scared the crap out of the prelude that ricer-flybyed me and started the whole thing off... :flag: :spot:

2.73 gears on a 2 mile long stretch with a slight down hill start and a big uphill finish (great for helping slow down) and the car would hit 147 and no more. I had road left and it just didn't have anything left. That last 2 or 3 mph took enterinity to reach.

After this is when I learned about the big no-no of the O/D shift at WOT. :bang:

After the gear swap.... I just had to see how it changed the top end. Same road, same place. 3.73s (speed is off by 7mph at 70mph)

I watched the speedo climb and it easily reached the 147 of before (but it was probably 130 :shrug:) Kept in it and burried the needle past the 150 mark - needle made about 5mph past the 150 mark and it stopped moving. I could tell the needle should have moved a tad more.

That was a scary run. The wind resistance noise was ungodly loud. I'm trying to remember if I had the Intake then... but I really can't remember.

I went up to 125 but that my check engine light came on, so I backed off. I also Hit 120 racing a cobra and both times i was still pulling hard. both times before head intall, so I could imagine going 150-160 if i ignored the engine light. can't afford a new engine right now.

tom

was up to 127 lotsa time (for some reason my car cuts off or dumps a ton of fuel in at that speed). woulda gone higher but now i dont go much faster than 110 or so (as in cruisin on the highway). been all the way up to 160 in a cobra before and he held it for about a minute which scared me more than actually going that fast

i agree. i had my pickup up to 110 maybe (gone faster in other vehicles). speedo quits and 100 and had an annoying drive shaft vibration, which i assume was the u joint i should now change a few months after.

yeah it was kinda cool but not near as exilerating as letting the clutch out from a dig and tromping the throttle through a gear shift or two

213mph on my 99 Busa according to the NJ state police helicopter. I was coming out of Philly going to AC. The AC Express was empty so I figured….what the hell!!!! I spend 2 day in in jail until I could get bailed out and lost my license for 12 months. The bitch of it was I had about 1/2 throttle left too!!! P.S. The BUSA is far from stock.

The stang about 125-130mph. Never would her out YET.

I have a bone stock 95 GT vert. Anytime I go over 110 it starts to shake. I must say I get a bit uncomfortable around 115. 123 is the fastest I've had her. I need to add some stabilizers of some sort. I routinely drive 90 - 110 when heading to Phoenix. For me, its all about the thrill.
:crazy:

Oh yah, I turn 40 this weekend, so age has nothing to do with it!

Picture: Quiet night on the interstate in Tenn. Hadnt seen another car in 20 minutes in either direction. Slowly worked her up to about 100 then never looked down until i realized she wasnt pullin anymore even going downhill. Looked down and realized i was coming back around on the speedo. The gage tops at 160 and i was at about 2 inches under that. If I had to guess? 175, least thats what the little radar thing for a construction site said. All it was reading in bright red letters was "75"