Drivetrain Torque converter options

Anyone have torque converter suggestions for a 1977 302 w/C4. It’s nearly impossible to find anything with the 9.3” bolt diameter. Found one at TCI that’s nearly $600. There is also a Pro King FM 120. All the parts stores show this one, but no one has one available.

Looking for options.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the TCI. It works (as in, it fits the bellhousing), but if you're not planning on drag racing, it's a bad idea. The higher stall speed just means more heat on a mostly stock street car.

They show up on Ebay from time-to-time. If you have one that's worn out, an independent transmission shop might be able to split it, rebuild it, and re-weld it.

Reactions: 1 user
Tci
Art Carr ( will also make a 50 oz imbalance 141 tooth flex plate for using newer engines in our mutt2s)

There is another but can't think of it right now.

Anyone have torque converter suggestions for a 1977 302 w/C4. It’s nearly impossible to find anything with the 9.3” bolt diameter. Found one at TCI that’s nearly $600. There is also a Pro King FM 120. All the parts stores show this one, but no one has one available.

Looking for options.
I am doing a V8 swap into my 74 Mll. The C4 is from a Granada = bigger bellhousing/converter and 157(155?) tooth flex plate. The torque converter is the mid-sized one 10+ ". It would be a bit of work for you but, if the smaller one is not available it will bolt in. The only mod is to cut off the square notch near the top of the bellhousing. I also sledged the firewall a tiny bit but, not sure it was necessary.....

Reactions: 1 user