torque converter/transgo kit installed... having problems now.

Road_Runna

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Ogden, UT
I've recentlly installed the new torque converter and transgo shift kit.
now im having a problem.

I've started the car for the first time, I went through all the gears, before butting it into drive, the installation seemed to worked. Then I stepped on the throttle; I hear a backfiring noise out the exhaust, and know when I turn the car on, it will only stay on for 1-2 seconds before shutting itself off and draining the battery. I've tried recharging the battery and same problem keeps happening.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

First thing Id do is bring your battery to get tested and make sure its actually good. A good battery shouldnt drain that fast and then not be able to start the car. While not necessarily a cause of what youre experiencing, dont forget the PCM and all the sensors need a good voltage feed and good ground to operate properly. If you, for example, had a weak battery to start out with and then did this job with the hood open for X amount of hours and maybe even a door, then the interior lights are enough to suck the life out of the battery. Just charging it at home wont tell you if it has a dead cell. If you think theres a definite battery problem, bring it somewhere that has a diagnostic charger and get it tested.