Torque wrench

• Sponsors (?)

If your just looking for cheap and good (kinda hard if you REALLY want quality)...I would just go craftsman. Get a ft/lb. and seperate in/lb. if you can.

After using the father-in-laws snap-on trq. wrenches (DAMN cool bonus the father-in-law is a dealer and lets me use the tools...helllova cool guy to boot). They are better. The one I used to put my motor together is of a line that gets QC'd by cliking like 100k times and has to be something around 5% or less out of spec. :eek: . Damn things are like 800$+ IIRC though.

I was at Sears the other day looking at upgrading from my "antique" torque wrenches to some clickers and ran into a guy that did engine building on the side - he said he had broken two Sears clickers and after the hassle with the Sears replacement (not a lifetime warranty) he bought a Snap-on and has had it ever since.

I borrowed my neighbor's Harbor Freight clicker wrench to torque my oil pan bolts on my '72 Mach 1 because there was very little room to work my other wrench. I ended up breaking two bolts off in the block using it - was it the bolts fault (new bolts) or the wrenches? I dunno.

But when it comes to something as important as a torque wrench, it looks like you get what you pay for. This whole dang hobby is like that. :bang:

Wes