Tourque wrench

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on what you want to do with it....the $30 one would be fine for torqueing the lugs, chassis bolts, ect. I wouldn't torque cylinder heads with it. For engine components Id get one with certified calibration. Craftsmen makes a nice for $200 or so.

My craftsmen 1/2 drive ft lb torque wrench was 69.99 on sale. It works great. I bought a cheapy in lb torque wrench @ autozone and it sucks! It binds really bad, I wouldnt get another one from there.

Also, check out Ebay for a snap-on. They are great tq wrenches, and you can send them in to get recalibrated for much cheaper than a new one.

Not necessarily. Im a tools salesman at Sears and only the pointer style carry the lifetime warranty now.:notnice: The microtorks and digitals only have a 1 year on them.

Ah, that sucks. I only have the clicky type of Tq Wrenches anyway. We used Snap-On when we fixed planes in the Marine Corps, so I stuck with that style. The good ole government only buys Snap On tools, well they did when I was in.

I have never owned a tourque wrench and want to get one .....
who makes a good one and how much. I saw one at autozone for $ 30.
but Im guessing it might be 2nd rate.

Depending on what you want to do with it....the $30 one would be fine for torqueing the lugs, chassis bolts, ect. I wouldn't torque cylinder heads with it. For engine components Id get one with certified calibration. Craftsmen makes a nice for $200 or so.

I bought a cheap 30 dollar one at advance auto. I used it to install my heads on my new forged shortblock. 2 years later and numerous trips to the track it's still working fine. I used stock head bolts and gaskets

Last year I bought I cheap inch lb 1/4" drive TQ wrench off of ebay and used it to install my cams.