Track again last night, new best!

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Well i went out to the track again last night. Conditions were way better. Car ran absolutely awesome. Ran my personal best so far of 14.190 at 97.??. I'm doing this off memory as my friend has all the tiemslips and is doing some calculations with them. 60' dropped to 2.0, best so far as well but I still can't get under 2. I did a perfect burnout last night, staged, dropped the clutch at 2500rpm and the car didn't move. It bogged soooooo bad. I thought I dropped the rearend or the tranny. I let off the gas pedal, hammered it and it took off, scared the crap out of me. I ran a 14.9 on that run. Guess I should have dropped the clutch at about 4000. At least times are getting better. I'm going out again Sunday for points so we'll see if I can get the bugs worked out.

A guy with a Silver 2004 GT was out there too. I'd raced him in town and new he had something done to it because he walked away from me, normally I kill new GT's. I beat him last year, he could only run 15.0. He parked beside me and popped the hood before i went to see under the hood he came over to me and started talking. I said you have a blower under there don't you? He goes ya, a Kenne Bell :drool:. I just about cried. It was amazing. I thought I'd be the first in town with one of those bad boys. It was the 1.7 kit pushing 6PSI and he got Zero traction. He only had street tires and was forced to go through the water box :nonono: , that was an ugly seen. He was literally sideways feathering the throttle down the track all night, he needs drags bad. He had so much more left in that car. I wish I had a cameraman last night on the video camera. Oh well, he'll be out again in a few weeks.

• Sponsors (?)

mnbf said:
Kewl i to did my best time lastnight with a 13.5@102 it was a good night i say

SWEET! Nice times and mph! :nice: . Do you know how much those cams have made a difference? Before times without cams vs. new times with cams? I'd eventually like to get some.

TweekedGT said:
SWEET! Nice times and mph! :nice: . Do you know how much those cams have made a difference? Before times without cams vs. new times with cams? I'd eventually like to get some.
welkl last year i did a 14.0 and this year i have cams and tires ... so yea ... not to mention my car is running really rich ... like 120km to half a tank ...

You didn't see the silver/gray 86 mustang with the 393 running 11.8 @ 120mph? That's without tuning and nos. There's going to be a few fast mustang's in Med Hat this year. I'm working on mine :D I heard the 04 gt ran 13.3 on street tires.

Billy88LX said:
You didn't see the silver/gray 86 mustang with the 393 running 11.8 @ 120mph? That's without tuning and nos. There's going to be a few fast mustang's in Med Hat this year. I'm working on mine :D I heard the 04 gt ran 13.3 on street tires.
wow that must be the guy with the kennebell :p

Billy88LX said:

I never got to see that Silver 86 run. I think it spent more time broken down in the staging lanes than actually racing. I would like to have seen it. I heard he only hit a 12.8 and that was with the bottle. I was in the pits cooling down when he finally got her running so that is just hear say. The 04 with the Kenne Bell only ran a best of 13.5, he told me that personally. I wish that 86 was tuned better. I would like to have seen it kick some Chevy @ss. Your right about the fast stangs. There are going to be some wicked ones. My friends putting a 429 Cobra Jet in his 88. That is going to be a wicked ride. :D. As long as it's a stang I'm happy.