Traction After Cai?

mikes2008gt

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2002
Arlington, Texas
I installed a K&N CAI today and can definitely feel a difference. And wow! It sounds awesome!! :nice: But I can tell it has affected my traction. What do most of you do to increase traction? I know Mustangs aren't the best road grabbers on launch anyway but what can I do to help? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I installed a K&N CAI today and can definitely feel a difference. And wow! It sounds awesome!! :nice: But I can tell it has affected my traction. What do most of you do to increase traction? I know Mustangs aren't the best road grabbers on launch anyway but what can I do to help? Thanks!

Upgraded lower control arms and wider stickier tires made a world of difference on my '06 GT with typical bolt ons. My car dead hooks on 285/40-18s.

I had Steeda LCA on my 93 and hellloooo wheel hop. MM and never look back.
But if you hook and beat the nonsense out of your car, then be prepared to fix other things you break.

why are we avoiding the more pressing question; how did you lose traction with the 1 rwhp increase from a CAI?

Reactions: 1 user
I sent Brandon a text, he should be following up with you if he hasn't already.

Sorry to hear about your experience with our lower control arms. I have not heard of an issue regarding the LCA not doing what it was intended to do. We have several LCA's for that model year that are made for different styles of driving and HP that is being put down.

Best Regards,

TJ

I had these; upper & lowers. I don't remember if I had the 4500 or 4600 series...I'd have to dig back through receipts from 2005.
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-...u-2004-ford-mustang.html#product-page-reviews

I believe either the instructions, or dialog with someone from Steeda back then on the phone, said with those control arms I didn't have to run quad shocks. But without them I found lots of wheel hop. Maybe the design has been fixed since then? Or maybe I was given miss-information about the quads.