Traction Control Wont work ( I stall burning out ): )

Kevaloon

Apr 17, 2020
Texas
I have a 4.6L manual s197. My traction control button stopped working. When I press the button by the radio the traction control off light turns on. So the button says traction control off in orange. On the dash however it does not light up that my traction control is off. At this point my traction control is still on even though the button lights up saying that it is off but on my dash I have no light that would indicate traction control is off. However even with traction control on when I manage to break traction by dumping the clutch my dash light will light up showing me I broke traction for a couple of seconds. The button use to work properly along with the dash light. I'm not so sure what the issues is since both lights still work. just not together I guess

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, Little more info will help, have seen this happen before for a few reasons. Is an awful design, as is ABS IMO.
So- Just taking the car out of hibernation?
Is or has your ABS light become illuminated? Did the TCS issue occur after you’d added any parts, any routine maintenance?
Is the car running a CPU tune?
Battery become discharged, requiring a recharge to start?
Have you hooked up a Scantool, looked for codes, jotted them down & cleared them, then taken the car for a ride in a drive cycle monitor recording for review of data recorded?). Codes may be present in the absence of a CEL.Do you have access to a Scantool? Best!
-John

Hi, Little more info will help, have seen this happen before for a few reasons. Is an awful design, as is ABS IMO.
Is or has your ABS light become illuminated? Did the TCS issue occur after you’d added any parts, any routine maintenance?
Have you hooked up a Scantool, looked for codes, jotted them down & cleared them, then taken the car for a ride in a drive cycle monitor recording for review of data recorded?). Codes may be present in the absence of a CEL.Do you have access to a Scantool? Best!
-John
-John

I have not got an abs light on. I have not done any major changes other than putting on a bbk o/x pipe. I got a check engine light and checked it out but already figured it was the missing cats code and it was. 3 weeks later my traction control stopped working. Or more like it wouldnt turn off anymore. I have no codes for it or any other lights. I run some relays for my led headlights but those have been there for the longest. No tune on the car either nor battery problems