tranny update

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
since the tranny shop couldn't take the stang, and the people at midas didn't want me to leave the car there, i decided to take it back to my office which is about 4 miles away. my son followed me in the other car

so about 1/2 the way there, it was running rough (i think maybe i need some dry gas stuff), so i was driving sort of hard, revving up to 3000 or in first, then putting it in neutral and coasting. then when i slowed down enough, i would put it back into 1st and do it again.

so one time i had just put in in D and revved it up to about 4000 rpm ....

and it shifted, sort of hard! i was like WTF?

then it started shifting and acting normal, and i was like OMG!

i think whatever was stuck in the valve body came unstuck

:banana:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, it shifted all the way through 2nd and 3rd and into overdrive one time.

i actually drove it sort of normally for about a mile for the first time in over a year!

now i need to get the damn thing running right again. it feels like it is missing. i am hoping it is just water in the gas

maybe i will finally be able to drive it a little. i'm in shock

someone pinch me please

Sounds like your motor finaly said to that trans.

"Look man come down heah...I want one burnout, one scratch, and ....one Geeeaaarrr to shift" and put the foot in the arse...

Hope it continues to drive...perfect time with the spring weather and soon to be summer.

i will if someone tells me i need to (or should) for some reason ... seriously ... i am not being flip about it or anything, but noone has ever said that i should do that.

is that recommended after some number of miles or something? the transmission was installed in january and has maybe 50 miles on it max.

i will if someone tells me i need to (or should) for some reason ... seriously ... i am not being flip about it or anything, but noone has ever said that i should do that.

is that recommended after some number of miles or something? the transmission was installed in january and has maybe 50 miles on it max.

Nope. 50K seems to be a normal and accepted fluid/filter change interval for transmissions.