Drivetrain Transmission Dying Need Help

DJ Fury

Aug 22, 2009
Have a 2000 GT Automatic with 141k on the clock. When the tranny shifts at anything above 3000 rpm it throws codes for 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift and the O/D light starts flashing. I've already been planning on going with a stage 2 auto from Transdepot unless someone can give me advice otherwise.

Toolin down the road this morning at about 35 mph and out of nowhere the car lurched a bit and now I have what I would describe as a grinding hum beneath my feet, not so much on the grinding side and not overly loud but definitely metallic hum. The hum gets louder/softer with speed and goes away when stopped. Possibly U-Joints? I was thinking about upgrading my driveshaft but found no options for an automatic save for an actual ford replacement steel one.

Looking for a parts list that I will need to swap out this tranny as well as whatever this new problem may be.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

They are the same? I did think it was odd that they all specified manual trans. Whats needed to stick it in? I'm assuming I'll have to change the yoke for the one that's on my car now

They are the same? I did think it was odd that they all specified manual trans. Whats needed to stick it in? I'm assuming I'll have to change the yoke for the one that's on my car now

Yeah it is just the yoke is the difference in driveshafts. So if you wanted a Aluminum one you just swap your yoke over and install. Easy stuff.

Ok just replaced my transmission with a Stage 2 over the weekend. Also stuck in a FRPP aluminum driveshaft while I was at it. The shifts are much more crisp now and I'm no longer throwing codes for 1-2, 2-3 shift. HOWEVER, I am noticing a vibration while slowly accelerating from a stop, definitely somewhere in the rotating assembly as I don't feel anything while sitting still, in gear or neutral. Could the driveshaft be out of balance or mounted incorrectly?