Tremec 3550 noise under load. Please decipher

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
details; tremec 3550, aluminum spec flywheel/twin disk combo. these come together. correct weight on it, drives good overall.

trans was making this noise from 1600-1900 rpm's, then i tightened my clutch cable more. it then reduced the duration of the noise slightly. i tightened it more and i could not shorten the duration further.

this noise occurs in 4th gear the loudest. i'm getting to where i feel it's the transmission, when its a 1:1 ratio. its super minor in 3rd, and i get little to nothing in 5th.

listen to the noise, tell me what you think.

three videos... the first is my throw out bearing, this noise is fairly faint. it's when i release the tob, i get some faint noise. wondering if this is in the acceptable/normal range? this is right at my shifter, with the boot/isolator removed AND no cover on my cable. it's brand new..

YouTube - TOB noise.

second video is the best one for hearing it. this is in 4th gear for all of the pulls. we say on/off and you can hear the rest. it resonates and vibrates the shifter handle lightly as well. this only happens under load again..

YouTube - Mustang noises under load, 4th gear

last video shows my tach to noise relation. turn the speakers up, my car is loud but you can make out the noise. i wanted the stuff removed from the shifter for optimal noise observation, but it lets in some exhaust/road noise with it..

YouTube - Tremec 3550 noise under load

• Sponsors (?)