tremec 3550/tko with steeda tri-ax Q's

Bramm

Apr 29, 2005
NW Pa
Got think in a combination thread over in talk but not gett'n alot of responce's so i'll toss it out over here.

Anyone with this tranny/shifter combination cound you clear a couple things up for me. Test drove a car with these installed and didnt feel right to me. Also had steeda cluth cable/quad and firewall adjuster. Lots of adjustment there i know so most of these issues are easy fix's but anyway.

It didnt have a very posative feeling of engagement into gear. Now it was actualy in gear and stayed in all gears and the tranny shifted smoothly but the feel through the shifter while shifting was not as strong as im used to. Kept me questioning gear engagement. Is this just from the adjustable position stops?

It felt like the whole car was set up to give me trouble also so it could very well just be in my head. The clutch engaged to late in the pedal travel. the shifter handle felt to long for the throw of the shifter(adjustable on the tri-ax i know) and the weak feeling of engagement made for odd drive.

This is one of the last things im mulling over in my mind to decide if i buy the car or not. Is this indeed just a adjustment issue or is this something common to the tremec 3550/tri-ax?

thx :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

The stop bolts on the Tremec 3550 and TKO need to be set farther away from the stick than on a T-5. Make sure the stop bolts are not hitting when you put it in gear. They should only touch if you lean on the lever HARD.

Also, check to make sure the rubber tunnel boot is not getting caught in the stops.

All Tremec 3550/TKO's don't shift as smoothly as a T-5, so it could just be that.

well if anything it shifted smoothly. Its also possable that the its just the shorter throw of the tri-ax just has a odd feel and with everything else adjusted for someone else it seemed suspect by association.

Cant really tear it apart before i buy it. I guess i'll just have limp it home as it were and set everything up for me. Can always replace the shifter.