Tremec 3550 users in here....

mstangfrk95GTS!

Mar 20, 2004
Ok i got some questions.

Where did you get your bellhousing? how much?

will my Hurst shifter work ok?

Does a BBK Adjustable cable work or is there something specific?

What clutch? im leaning toward a Spec since i can get em fairly cheap.

a DS spacer, do i still need one if i have a Alum DS??

I know D&D has a kit but i cant call em and thier website is pretty crappy.

ive got a Poly bushing for my tranny now, is this compatable?

what, if any problems should i look out for?

help me out here guys!

Thanks
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I got everything from D&D except for the D/S and the king cobra clutch(both from summit). Yes you will still need the D/S spacer, if your shifter is for your t5 it wont work on the tremec. The adjustable clutch cable will work for either, altough you will need to change shift forks to be compatible with the 3550 bell and tranny set up. If I were you I would find a way to put in a call to D&D ( one stop shopping). as far as the polybushing first i've heard of it.

slytherin said:
I got everything from D&D except for the D/S and the king cobra clutch(both from summit). Yes you will still need the D/S spacer, if your shifter is for your t5 it wont work on the tremec. The adjustable clutch cable will work for either, altough you will need to change shift forks to be compatible with the 3550 bell and tranny set up. If I were you I would find a way to put in a call to D&D ( one stop shopping). as far as the polybushing first i've heard of it.

DITTO. :nice:
I got it all from D&D. I am very happy with the SPEC, best clutch I ever had. You will need a new shifter I don't think the Hurst is going to work. The Bell housing is ~$179 for the aluminum.

ok so where do i get a clutch cable that works? D&D?

how does the spacer work, wouldent a new DS yoke be better?

ok so i got the hookup on Pro-5.0 as well i guess ill see if i can get one.

Your stock clutch cable will work. You need a new BH(I suggest a Blowproof McLeod if you race a lot or plan on making power), clutch fork, DS spacer(no matter what DS you have)-you will get longer bolts with the spacer that go through the DS & spacer and bolt to the pinion flange. I am using a Centerforce DF Clutch on my car and am very happy with it. What do you mean by a poly bushing in the trans?? Do you mean a poly mount? If so, it should work fine.

anyone know how wide the spacer is, i have a buddy that owns a fabrication/Tool n Die/machine shop

ill have him make me one LOL

might throw off the balance of the DS tho
guess itl have to be made of superlight Unobtainium.