tremec 3550 vs. t56

• Sponsors (?)

for the cost of a t56 you can have a 750 LBS TQ rated 5sp tranny.

Best you will find for a t56 is 2200. You will need to either replace or shorten your driveshaft so cost is about 2300.

TKO600 from Modularmustangracing.com is 1990 for their 750 version and you will need a 250 dollar bell housing. Depending in some of the choices you make you may need a new clutch as well. But you may need one of those anyway. :D

Oh yea ford t56 is rated at 440 LBS of Tq

I am probably going to buy a new tranny too.....

Only my tranny in my 01 Cobra (have no clue what kinda tremec it is, help me out if you know cause i am new to this whole Cobra scene) is clunking and making some pretty weird noises not only in 1 and 2, but in 3 and reverse :bang: . I wanna get a Viper T-56 from D and D Performance (www.ddperformance.com), but the $2500 price tag is gettin to me. I might just end up goin for a TKO 600 or 750 like bigpapa was sayin. I am not planning on adding a blower in the next year, but it is on the list of things to do in the next couple of years.

One more question.....If I do get my power level up in the future, does anyone know where to go to get a beefed up rear end for the 99+ IRS? That is also makin some weird noises too (I have some 4.10's in the back so I don't know if that noise is normal or not) so I might have to shell out some extra cash if it isnt too much more then the tranny cost.