Tremec 3650 and Third Gear

I noticed the thread at the top about tremec problems, however mine wasnt directly addressed...so here it goes...Has anybody had an issue with the tranny not wanting to go into third gear while at high RPM's? For example your racing and go to put it into third, but it doesnt go. Instead you get a whine, and you have to wait for the RPM's to come down before it will go in, or put into fourth...Does anybody know what this is? I dont think it is normal, and if it is, somebody please yell at me for being retarded. Thanks.
By the way, how are ya'll putting all your goodies about your Stangs under your post's and reply's?

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on your car? Your synchros are probably going bad.

Blown04 said:
By the way, how are ya'll putting all your goodies about your Stangs under your post's and reply's?

You go to user cp (in the middle of screen on the left side when you scroll up), then click on "edit signature" on the left side.

I have had issues with the car not wanting to go into 3rd at times, having to shift to 5th bog it then pop it in 3rd, but it hasnt done it in a long time now, that was at pre 10k I'm at 30k+ now and it went away, I'd take it in... dont mention the racing part though

I have the same problem, only i can force it into gear. Brought it to the dealership and they said it was "normal", even after i pointed out the TSBs and whatnot for the 3650. :mad: :bang:

I'm gonna try an adjustable clutch quadrant with the firewall adjustor to see if it helps any, if not it looks like ill be looking for a new tranny if i want to or not soon enough