Tremec 3650--what engines will fit?

• Sponsors (?)

Get another 4.6 but get one thats forged. Carb motors are hard to tune and will need adjustments dependant on temperature....it would be a nightmare unless its a weekend car. You would also loose cruise control and it would require ALOT of work.

ANY of the 4.6 mod motors will fit...as will the 5.4s but they are diffacult to install. Keep the fuel injecton system in any case.

That shouldnt have happene...if the outlet tube comes loose it shouldnt go lean or melt rings. Should go crazy rich as there would be huge injectors and no boost on the motor if you were going WOT when this happened.

Tell us what your A/F ratio was when it was dyno tuned, along with the timing of the engine and how much boost.

Also, try to post all of your current thoughts into ONE post. The mods dont like numorous posts one after another from the same person....its ok to do 2 every once in a while or when needed like if you forget about something important. Otherwise keep all ideas into one post until we reply please :)

hotmustang331 said:
That shouldnt have happene...if the outlet tube comes loose it shouldnt go lean or melt rings. Should go crazy rich as there would be huge injectors and no boost on the motor if you were going WOT when this happened.

I would think if he lost boost suddenly, he wouldn't go rich. Because he lost airflow from the outlet pipe, he also theoretically would've lost airflow past the MAF. Thus, the PCM thinks "Hmm.. ok.. no air, lets cut the fuel off." .. thus, he goes lean suddenly.

The T3650's in our car are rated up to about 350-365 ft-lbs depending on year of the transmission, so in no way would they be up to the task of a 600hp supercharged engine. You should be looking at the TKO600 or T56 Viper Spec.

WTF? Your motor didn't blow because you had an exhaust leak or because of an outlet tube from the blower coming off. Blowing the outlet tube off will make it run pig rich if anything at all, and that won't do any real harm. An exhaust leak will have NO effect on your AFs or timing, causing it to blow either. Even if your exhaust leak was before a wideband 02 sensor which was connected to the computer to get ideal AFs at WOT.

How about you stop making BS exuses and admit the tune was too wild for the engine or the gas you were running?

I've got a 2.3 turbo making about 300hp... same hp/displacement as you had. I have blown off intercooler hoses MANY MANY times. No matter where your MAF is, or if you are running speed density, it won't hurt the engine.

My last trip to the track in said 2.3, I had a massive exhaust leak at the manifold to turbo seal. It was so bad, the manifold was loose at one point. I couldn't get spooled until 3500 rpm because of the exhaust leak, but it sure as hell didn't blow the motor....