Tri-bar taillights on a fox?

Aug 11, 2008
Has anyone ever seen a fox with custom taillights that resemble the tri- bars. Seems like we only have stock to chose from. I don't really care for most of the aftermarket tails out there. It would be refreshing to see an aftermarket taillight option that didn't resemble something from the fast and furious. Am I the only one curious, or is it just not a good idea

• Sponsors (?)

Tried it before, myself, by taking a pair of LX lenses and striping them so that they looked like tri-bars. It did not come out well. They did NOT look like they belonged on the car, at all. :notnice:

Closest thing I think you could really get to a fair-looking tri-bar tail lens setup on a Fox would be to use the stock tails from a '79 to '82 model and go with that ... and they've got a totally different housing behind them than the '83-'93 tails. :shrug:

If i didn't have to butcher up my rear body panel i'd be putting in '79-82 lights in mine. I think they're the best looking of the Fox cars for one simple reason...they don't extend all the way to the license plate. The others are cool but i don't like how they extend all the way inward.

I'm partial to my Cobra replica taillights :)

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1111536

I do agree some jeweled taillights like the 96-04 taillights but in LX style would look pretty sweet.

I can't beleive nobody has ever made them withall the crappy aftermarket lights there are.

If i had the means...i'd make em!

The jeweled look would be nice. How about using a 83-93 style taillight housing but filling the lens so that it is all smooth, then figure out how to splice in 96-98 style lens segments.
The panel area could be painted body color or semi gloss black? Just an idea. Really curious of a more traditional style mustang taillight style for a fox