trick flow street kit

oosmytoo

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Portland - Oregon
hey guys im thinking about ordering this kit from trickflow (TFS-K514-350-370)
includes:trickflow street heat intake, twisted wedge heads, 1.6 roller rockers, pushrods, stage 1 cam, double roll timing chain, valve covers, and all gaskets.

theres a few questions i have? one being, i know that theres a chance my computer wont want to accept the stage 1 cam, but other then that will it be ok to run my stock TB, MAF and fuel pump etc..? mainly just for a few weeks because im low on funds. two, the kit doesnt inlcude lifters, so how do i know which ones two buy? are they all the same?

• Sponsors (?)

oosmytoo said:
trickflows kits does come with the 1.6 roller rockers, just doesnt come with new lifters. still unsure which kind of lifters i should replace the old ones with?
If the old lifters aren't making noise, you can just keep them. Otherwise, OE replacement lifters are not expensive.

Dave

Do replace lifters! Old or stock cam makes wear sopt on lifters after while of use cam cause problems down the road its best to change them at same time. New lifters will adapt to the new cam and develop wear sopts for that cam not from stock cam that is where some idle problems come from.

95WhiteVenom said:
Do replace lifters! Old or stock cam makes wear sopt on lifters after while of use cam cause problems down the road its best to change them at same time. New lifters will adapt to the new cam and develop wear sopts for that cam not from stock cam that is where some idle problems come from.

That's for flat tappet lifters, we have rollers stock. I've always heard you can re-use roller lifters.