trick flow valve covers..oil fill hole?

1992mustangLX

Jun 13, 2007
I got the trick flow valve covers with the top end kit i puchased and it cam with a oil fill tube kit. But i looked at the covers and there isnt a hole in them to put the tube in. I am assuming they want you to drill a hole for it? It didnt come with any paperwork on them so I got a little confused. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

• Sponsors (?)

there is no baffle on these covers so diregard that. Just find a good spot where you want to put it. I just did this. U dont have to worry about the kit hitting the rockers either. There is plenty of room. Use a hole saw for your drill. You can get a bimetal one at home depot. I think it is a 1 1/8 i used. if its too small, just file until it fits and throw some black rtv sealant on there for extra protection

great thank you. Just wanted to make sure before i put a big hole in the nice looking valve cover. Thanks again.

Hopefully you havn't drilled that hole yet as there is another thing you should look at.

Considering there is no baffle under the valve cover, you want to drill the hole so it will be directly between any two rockers. This way when you look in the hole, you shouldn't be seeing the direct tops of the rocker arms.

The reason for this is because oil is sent to the rocker arm through the pushrod which than can fly upwards. If the hole is directly above the pushrods, oil can very easily go through the hole and through whatever breather system you have hooked up. Now if the hole is between the rockers, oil will just bounce off the valvecovers and splash back down.

This is a long post about this but it should be taken into consideration as it will knock down the chance of oil coming out about 95%.

Measure twice, cut once.

Hopefully you havn't drilled that hole yet as there is another thing you should look at.

Considering there is no baffle under the valve cover, you want to drill the hole so it will be directly between any two rockers. This way when you look in the hole, you shouldn't be seeing the direct tops of the rocker arms.

The reason for this is because oil is sent to the rocker arm through the pushrod which than can fly upwards. If the hole is directly above the pushrods, oil can very easily go through the hole and through whatever breather system you have hooked up. Now if the hole is between the rockers, oil will just bounce off the valvecovers and splash back down.

This is a long post about this but it should be taken into consideration as it will knock down the chance of oil coming out about 95%.

Measure twice, cut once.

:mad: wish i wouldve read this sooner.:bang:

Sorry about that. I'm actually suprised there is no baffles of TF valve covers. Wonder why.
(Baffle is a plate that goes inside the valve cover to prevent drawing oil through the hose)

Yeah. I was surprised too, when i puled them out the box. i just think its retarded that the things arent just put together allready.

Yeah. I was surprised too, when i puled them out the box. i just think its retarded that the things arent just put together allready.
That is because they have no idea wha kind of application you will be using them for, this gives you the flexibility to adapt to whatever breather system you are running.
tfs-51400800.jpg

I think this is what they have planned for EFI needs, p/n TFS-51400800

Lems