• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

"True" X-Pipes

  • Thread starter Thread starter va01gtstang
  • Start date Start date Jul 22, 2006

va01gtstang

New Member
Apr 28, 2005
61
0
0
Jul 22, 2006
#1
  • Jul 22, 2006
  • #1
Can someone please list all the "true" X-Pipes that are made for Long Tubes and tell me which one would have the best tone when used with Flowmasters (I have a MAC CB now but I like the Flowmaster tone better). I was to get a UPR or Dr.Gas but I wasn't sure if they amde it for LT's. thanks.
 

jasonh_86

I
May 20, 2005
1,156
2
48
Arkansas
Jul 22, 2006
#2
  • Jul 22, 2006
  • #2
SLP makes a true-x for lt's.. but it sounds horrid with flowmasters.

I just put the x-pipe on last night, but have yet to get the catback that i'll be going with.. so for now i've got 2-chamber flowmasters and it sounds awful
 
S

spederman

Member
Apr 13, 2005
732
0
16
Jul 22, 2006
#3
  • Jul 22, 2006
  • #3
magnaflow makes one, its even called the tru-x
 

Mike97gt

it doe snot
Founding Member
Jan 26, 1999
10,633
7
89
the people's republic of massachusetts
Jul 22, 2006
#4
  • Jul 22, 2006
  • #4
the x pipe with flows is a little raspy but I would not say it sounds bad. what sounds good is a very subjective thing... personally I really like the sound of 2 chambers with a x-pipe.
 

evol04gt

New Member
Apr 12, 2006
29
0
0
wadsworth ohio
Jul 24, 2006
#5
  • Jul 24, 2006
  • #5
x with flows sounded so good on the lift..... then i put it on the ground..... barf. you get a horrid sund reverberation from the concrete back to the car. on anxwith flows the air moecules are just bouncing off metal plates like a illion tiny bb's pinging off your pipes. i hated it so much i ripped my x off after 110 miles. id youre gonna do an x pipe ake sure you have 'normal' muffles with a packig or at least those slits that trap the high sound. there was nothing to absorb th nasting baaaanginginging ing sound. it soulded lie a broken dragster and a honda in a crash. there is a cobra and a mack one with bassanis around here and they sound like heaven. im just selling my x for a catted h i was so disgusted.
 

four six

Member
Jan 19, 2006
506
2
18
Hobart, IN
Jul 24, 2006
#6
  • Jul 24, 2006
  • #6
I've got 2 chanber with O/R X and I like it a lot. I personally think dropping $500 on a CB is nuts
 
R

Roger_4.6_96

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
1,209
0
0
Reno,NV
Jul 24, 2006
#7
  • Jul 24, 2006
  • #7
H and X with flows sound the same to me
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
Jul 24, 2006
#8
  • Jul 24, 2006
  • #8
SLP
Magnaflow
UPR
VRS
Dr. Gas

BBK & Bassani = stamped.
 

the98stang

Active Member
Aug 12, 2005
2,408
0
47
Clovis, CA
Jul 24, 2006
#9
  • Jul 24, 2006
  • #9
jasonh_86 said:
SLP makes a true-x for lt's.. but it sounds horrid with flowmasters.
Click to expand...

Anything sounds horrid with flowmasters
 
S

SeanD1111

New Member
Sep 16, 2004
52
0
0
Texas
Jul 25, 2006
#10
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #10
its good to know there are others that like the sound of an X w/ flows.
 

jstreet0204

Active Member
Jun 26, 2003
939
0
36
Winston Salem, NC
Jul 25, 2006
#11
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #11
evol04gt said:
on anxwith flows the air moecules are just bouncing off metal plates like a illion tiny bb's pinging
Click to expand...

 

stangGT97

New Member
Dec 22, 2004
1,299
1
0
Boston area, MA
Jul 25, 2006
#12
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #12
SeanD1111 said:
its good to know there are others that like the sound of an X w/ flows.
Click to expand...

I had flows with a catted X, it sounded pretty decent
 
R

roushowner4life

New Member
Jul 6, 2006
19
0
0
Jul 25, 2006
#13
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #13
i have O/R X with Magnaflor Roush cat back. No "BB" sounding affect. when ever your inbetween 1,000 and 2,000 it can sound like a boat for a breif second.
 
S

SilverBullet00

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
1,150
0
0
Wichita, KS
Jul 25, 2006
#14
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #14
I have always heard that flows with the Dr.gas is AWESOME... the only crappy thing is you have to weld it..
 

Mike97gt

it doe snot
Founding Member
Jan 26, 1999
10,633
7
89
the people's republic of massachusetts
Jul 25, 2006
#15
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #15
jstreet0204 said:
Click to expand...


I was thinking the same thing when I read that.
 

ascoldasice17

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
92
0
0
Mays Landing, NJ
Jul 25, 2006
#16
  • Jul 25, 2006
  • #16
Bassani for both....lil pricy but def worth it.....and next id say slp....once again pricy but if the x pipe direction is what you want look both of these names up
 

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
1,865
24
58
Jul 26, 2006
#17
  • Jul 26, 2006
  • #17
My thoughts are a UPR X and Mac catback for my setup.

Get the rhaspyness of an X when you jump on it, but cruising and idle, normal acceleration should give a nice chambered sound.
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
Jul 26, 2006
#18
  • Jul 26, 2006
  • #18
jstreet0204 said:
Click to expand...


on any x with flows, the air moecules are just bouncing off metal plates like a million tiny bb's pinging
Click to expand...

added the missing letters, but still doesn't make much sense

i think flows with bassani = sexy. but i also think tom is going to cyber with me so
 
P

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
1,379
1
0
Jul 26, 2006
#19
  • Jul 26, 2006
  • #19
svttech76 said:
the x pipe with flows is a little raspy but I would not say it sounds bad. what sounds good is a very subjective thing... personally I really like the sound of 2 chambers with a x-pipe.
Click to expand...
I agree the exhaust topic is very subjective indeed Mike.
I'm with you I also like the sound of the Bassani X pipe
with two chamber Flowmasters.
 

Mike97gt

it doe snot
Founding Member
Jan 26, 1999
10,633
7
89
the people's republic of massachusetts
Jul 26, 2006
#20
  • Jul 26, 2006
  • #20
Pennywise2 said:
I agree the exhaust topic is very subjective indeed Mike.
I'm with you I also like the sound of the Bassani X pipe
with two chamber Flowmasters.
Click to expand...


The first time I heard a off road X with 2 chambers was back in early 90's or so on ... it sounded so F-ing bad ass compared to the catted h's I was used too.told myself if I ever switch camps and get a mustang I will get a off road x and flows.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
WTB/Trade 87-95 X-pipe and catbck
  • IconicSilverGT500
  • Apr 23, 2026
  • Exhaust Parts
Replies
0
Views
275
Exhaust Parts Apr 23, 2026
IconicSilverGT500
I
C
Need MIL Eliminators?
  • crazyone64
  • May 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
248
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 21, 2026
GOvert
G
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
88
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
B
Airaid reduction sleeve?
  • BriansNSane
  • Dec 20, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
176
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 20, 2025
BriansNSane
B
Fox Mid Pipe
  • 93gtmustang
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
331
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 21, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?