Fox trunk release button?

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
Sooo, just thought I would ask... since i pulled my dash and HVAC box out 2 weekends ago... I have a trunk release button under the glove box door... and it did have connector hooked too it... but back when I first got the car, I replace the stricker bushing and hatch lift shocks... (before I knew I had to tear the car apart and repair frame rails/strut towers) anyway, I didn't see anything that looked like a power release for the hatch on the locking/stricker housing or a wire connected to it...

so, I'm guessing the car wouldn't have the button if it didn't have the power hatch release right? so that means some PO must of swapped it for a non power one?

• Sponsors (?)

The wiring should still be tucked up under the dash somethere. Locate it, jump it out and see if the hatch pops. If it does, you just need to add a button
the wiring was hooked to the button... and the button was installed... what I'm saying is... the last time I looked with the hatch part... it looked like a normal (non-powered) latched assembly...

AH. In that case, possibly changed out. Is there still a VIN sticker on the hatch? If so, does it match your car?

Hatch? Wait, I might just be more stupid then usually... I was looking at the part down on the body.... doh I guess the remote release would be on the hatch...... lol.... now I will have to check that.... haven't had a battery in it in over 5 years so can't test it yet... man I feel really dumb now...

Hatch? Wait, I might just be more stupid then usually... I was looking at the part down on the body.... doh I guess the remote release would be on the hatch...... lol.... now I will have to check that.... haven't had a battery in it in over 5 years so can't test it yet... man I feel really dumb now...

lol. Yeah, the release is in the hatch. The striker is the same on all models.