Trunl Rattle From Exhaust???

Trunk Rattle From Exhaust???

I have the Magnaflow Magnapack Catback on my 03 GT. It sounds great but about 2 weeks ago i started noticing a fairly loud rattle/vibrating sound comming from my trunk. Right at around 2000 - 2100 rpms in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear the exhaust is at its deepest tone and the vibration noise starts. Then at ~2300-2400 rpms it instantly goes away.

I never had this sound with my stock exhaust. I also have a sub that may have rattled something loose. Does anyone know what the sound might be?...maybe the trunk lid itself?....maybe the back seats or pannel under the window???

• Sponsors (?)

I have this same problem (from time to time, not all the time) with my Flowmasters...i dont know what the deal is. I'm getting Magnapacks or Borla or SLP exhaust this summer so i dont really care about it right now. Sorry i couldn't help, just relate. :(

The drone zone :)
Everything in my car rattles at that RPM. I'm going to goto a car stereo shop tomorrow and check out some sound deadening material. See if I can afford to cover the trunk bottom and top so the sub doesn't cause rattles too.

I figure that's 1 step closer to stopping all the rattles.

hey man dont worry about that....i got the packs and my subs are in the trunk also but when im not listening to music i can hear that same rattle in the drone zone. it normal :nice: