trying o figure out eldebrock intake?

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
Well im trying to figure out how do u connect that elbow peice to the upper intake....Do u use the studs on al four holes or do u use the bolts/washers/ nuts.......i believe all the bolt holes are threaded so i dunno.

I know the studs are for to mount the upper intake to the lower i believe.
Someone please help me out here thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What I did was take 2 small studs off of my stock intake and stick them on the bottom of the edelbrock and use nuts for thoes, and some bolts for the top 2 holes.

You will also need to have 2 studs for the upper to lower. If your looking at the bottom intake from the front of your car, you nees to place the studs in the front right, and back right holes.

Good luck and let me know if ya need anymore help.

ok, How bout the throttle body i bought a FMS 65 mm, all four bolts or two studs on bottom? oh and also how do i mount that oil baffle on the bottom of the lower intake?

Eldebrock gives u all these damn little baggies with nuts/bolts/washer/ and no directions! :mad:

FordStang said:
ok, How bout the throttle body i bought a FMS 65 mm, all four bolts or two studs on bottom? oh and also how do i mount that oil baffle on the bottom of the lower intake?

Eldebrock gives u all these damn little baggies with nuts/bolts/washer/ and no directions! :mad:

On the throttle body it should be all four.

FordStang said:
how do i mount that oil baffle on the bottom of the lower intake?

You have to rivit the PCV valve baffle onto the bottom of your lower intake... and be glad you got all the parts, me and mike had to make a trip to lowes to get quite a few bolts and plugs that Powered By Ford didnt give to me when I bought my intake :mad:

For what its worth...use studs as mentioned, way easier i think...

The bolt size is 1/4"x18 pitch...I needed 2" long for the Mac adapter to the the intake....2" is common and you'll find that no problem..
if need be, get 4 Carriage bolts like 3" long , cut to the lenght you need....roll a nut on there where you wanna cut the lenght, hacksaw right at the nut for a guide...you wont roach the threads this way, just roll the nut off and it makes the threads where you cut it....just had to do this for my Fox TB...worked sweet....i couldn't find 2 1/2" bolts that I needed, so I made em...