Trying to figure this out...

darkness falls

Feb 3, 2004
Kansas
Well, I was looking at my 4 lug rear axle that I took off my car and was wonder what kind it was, the car was originally a 6 cylinder, but that could have been changed by the previous owner, I don't know. The car did not come with a engine or tranny. On the front of the center housing, there are no nuts to distinguish if it is a 8" or a 9". Some one here said it could be an 7.5" I never heard of them having that, but I donno. Also the previous owner had switches mounted in the dash for nitros or a supercharger. I doubt he would keep the weak axle housing. I am curious.
:shrug:
I can post pictures either tomorrow or sunday.

• Sponsors (?)

It does not look like the Ford 7.5" rear, that is all I am saying, or the 8 or 9. 40 years ago the car was a 200 cid 6 cylinder car, but I don't know what engine was in it before I got it or the tranny. There is a possiblity the previous guy changed it. And he put on those really long leaf springs that needed to be bracketed father back.

I am just trying to figure out what the previous guy was doing.

Alright I'm sorry, i was just messing around. I wanted to post something, but couldn't figure anything else to write.

I don't even have the thing anymore, I pitch the whole thing out in the middle of know where :lol: